Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward: After We Destroy Froch, We Want Calzaghe!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
    Yeah, the mighty Super Six guys like Jermaine Taylor coming off 3 losses (incl. 2 KOs), 5'9 pigmy orangutan Arthur Abraham moving up from 160, 50 year old Glenn Johnson, Allan "The Bum" Green, etc.

You can't scratch the fact that Lacy and Kessler were the two top Super middleweights (outside of Calzaghe) when Joe fought them; he also beat a prime Sakio Bika (a lesser version gave Ward his toughest fight).Hopkins was also the lineal champ at 175.
    jermain taylor schooled jeff lacy. the fact that lacy was one of the best shows that he was nothing but hype and the division was super weak. before you come back with that lacy was ruined by calzaghe garbage go watch some pre calzaghe lacy fights. he sucked and his resume was terrible. jermain taylor easily beat him yet you are pretending that lacy was a great win for calzaghe and taylor was a bum. you have no shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      jermain taylor schooled jeff lacy. the fact that lacy was one of the best shows that he was nothing but hype and the division was super weak. before you come back with that lacy was ruined by calzaghe garbage go watch some pre calzaghe lacy fights. he sucked and his resume was terrible. jermain taylor easily beat him yet you are pretending that lacy was a great win for calzaghe and taylor was a bum. you have no shame.
      I made my point, the Super Six guys were hugely overrated (Taylor, Abraham, Johnson, Green) with the exception of Ward, Kessler, Dirrell, and Froch (who lost to all three). As overrated as Lacy was he was ranked in the top 3. He was also pretty much done after the Calzaghe fight, fighting only 3 times in a span of nearly 3 years before Taylor got to him. That same bum ass Taylor put Froch on his ass and was 10-15 seconds away from beating Carl by a wide decision on the scorecards.
      Last edited by BafanaBafana; 05-27-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Ward beat Froch in the states and he beats him in the UK. Calzaghe has been retired for a while now no way he comes back to the sport.

Comment

• This article just confirms how few options Ward has. He either dances to Froch's tune or calls out retired folk.

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
            I made my point, the Super Six guys were hugely overrated (Taylor, Abraham, Johnson, Green) with the exception of Ward, Kessler, Dirrell, and Froch (who lost to all three). As overrated as Lacy was he was ranked in the top 3. He was also pretty much done after the Calzaghe fight, fighting only 3 times in a span of nearly 3 years before Taylor got to him. That same bum ass Taylor put Froch on his ass and was 10-15 seconds away from beating Carl by a wide decision on the scorecards.
            if he beat one of calzaghe's best wins easily, and almost beat froch he probably wasn't a bum. your assessment is off. johnson and abraham beat more top 10 guys in the last couple years than lacy ever did and yet they are bums? you aren't making any sense. stop overrating a limited fighter to make calzaghe look better. lacy was ranked high because the division was sh-it!

Comment

• just make the fuking fight in the UK, and worry about what's next later.....

Comment

if he beat one of calzaghe's best wins easily, and almost beat froch he probably wasn't a bum. your assessment is off. johnson and abraham beat more top 10 guys in the last couple years than lacy ever did and yet they are bums? you aren't making any sense. stop overrating a limited fighter to make calzaghe look better. lacy was ranked high because the division was sh-it!
                Taylor was coming off 2 losses to Pavlik (inc. a KO) and a stoppage loss to Froch before the Super Six started, he was already far from his best. Abraham lost to Ward, Kessler, Froch, Dirrell, and later Stieglitz; he never showed at 168 the kind of power he had a t 160 and he should have never moved up (his boxing style is also akin to a rabid orangutan). Outside of a win over Stiglitz (who later stopped him in the rematch) Arthur's resume at 168 is very poor.

Johnson was a fossil and had something like 15-16 losses (& 2 draws) going into the Super Six. I don't care how many meaningful wins he had 20 years ago, the truth is he didn't belong in the Super Six or anywhere really--outside of a retirement home.
                Last edited by BafanaBafana; 05-27-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• if Ward easily outclases Froch, then he should take the fight in the UK... just make sure that money is right

Comment

i can find a picture of guerrero hitting floyd i guess guerrero won? hopkins outlanded calzaghe in most of the rounds. it's not an opinion. it's a fact. we have video replay. it's been looked over to death and confirmed. continuing to believe something that has been debunked isn't healthy. i can see how you were confused watching it live but there's no excuse now. hopkins landed the cleaner punches nearly every time in the exchanges. go watch it again if you want to find out the truth. hopkins defense was just too good. he should get credit for that since that's an actual scoring criteria and missing isn't.
                    Bernard lost and feigned being hit low like 3 times to gain breathing room. He landed a few good punches but got outworked the entire fight and couldn't cope with Joe's activity rate.

Comment

• Love Ward for all reasons except how he's handled who he calls out and how. He's just too good for his own good. No amount of bull can help that.

Comment

Working...
                      X