No announcement yet.

How do you see Marquez' legacy???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you see Marquez' legacy???

There are some pretty wide stances on Marquez, coming from all angles. Some say Marquez is an ATG and one of the best of this era, some say he's not an ATG but he is a HOF, and some say he's neither and that his resume is overrated.

Marquez' wins: Robbie Peden, Manuel Medina, Derrick Gainer, Orlando Salido, Victor Polo, Marco Antonio Barrera, Rocky Juarez, Joel Casamayor, Juan Diaz, and Michael Katsidis.

Marquez' losses and draws: Freddie Norwood, Manny Pacquiao I (draw), Chris John, Manny Pacquiao II, Floyd Mayweather, and Manny Pacquiao III.

It should be noted that JMM's fights with Norwood, John, and all 3 Pacquiao bouts, were all controversial. Most believe that Marquez beat Norwood, and many believe he beat John, and most believe he deserved at least one decision over Manny Pacquiao.

So, how do you see JMM??? An ATG and a HOF, HOF but not quite an ATG, or neither???

Well I think Barrera beat him & he clearly beat Pacman in their 3rd fight. IMO he's a bonified atg & only 2nd to B-Hop as the greatest of the active fighters.

Comment

I say he has had a good career. Pac fans are going to hate on him a lot but come one who else gave Manny that much problems. He is a tremendously skilled boxer and a great fighter.

Comment

Hes for sure created a good one i can only hope that we remember him as much as we do Morales Pacquiao Etc in the future

Comment

I'd say Marquez is an ATG and a HOF. you can't fault him for crappy decisions. He beat Norwood and John, and deserves at least one of the 3 Pacquiao fights.

I wouldn't say he's the top 1 or 2 greatest active fighters. I'd place him behind Hopkins, Mayweather, and Pacquiao still. All of their resume's are still deeper than Marquez' resume.

Comment

The worst among the Fab 4.

1. Pac
            2. EM
            3. MAB
            4. JMM

Comment

I think he'll be forgotten. He's a very skilled fighter who's record is tainted by some poor decisions. He'll be overshadowed by Barrera & Morales, rather than sitting alongside them.

Comment

bonafide ATG and one of the best of his era

and for the record:
                the most one sided fight between marquez and pacquiao was the third fight
                that was a landslide marquez victory. virtually every ring side media member scored that fight for marquez. that fight was not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  There are some pretty wide stances on Marquez, coming from all angles. Some say Marquez is an ATG and one of the best of this era, some say he's not an ATG but he is a HOF, and some say he's neither and that his resume is overrated.

Marquez' wins: Robbie Peden, Manuel Medina, Derrick Gainer, Orlando Salido, Victor Polo, Marco Antonio Barrera, Rocky Juarez, Joel Casamayor, Juan Diaz, and Michael Katsidis.

Marquez' losses and draws: Freddie Norwood, Manny Pacquiao I (draw), Chris John, Manny Pacquiao II, Floyd Mayweather, and Manny Pacquiao III.

It should be noted that JMM's fights with Norwood, John, and all 3 Pacquiao bouts, were all controversial. Most believe that Marquez beat Norwood, and many believe he beat John, and most believe he deserved at least one decision over Manny Pacquiao.

So, how do you see JMM??? An ATG and a HOF, HOF but not quite an ATG, or neither???
                  He will be known for fighting only come forward fighters like Salido, Juan Diaz, Katsidis, Juarez or old shot slick fighters like Cassamayor.

Barrera beat him, Chris John beat him. Marquez duck outside fighters like Khan and RG and would rather fight David Diaz, Peterson or pillow puncher Cuenca.

And he will be known for drinking his own urine and only wanting to fight Pacquiao, Pacquiao, Pacquiao.

Comment

He'll be remembered for losing to Pac 3 times

The images that best summarize his career are:

Comment

Working...
                    X