Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Team Kovalev Not in Control - They Can Stay Mad!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
    Start demading the fight Ward groupies enough of this. You know your boy got a gift decision and now it's ok to stall the rematch this is boxing. Ward getting his ass whooped next fight thats why he's pulling diva games. This is boxing not dancing with the stars ffs.
    Why the need to demand? All signs point to a June 17th rematch. Folks seem to be mad over nothing. As if they'd rather be mad than enjoy the fights we do have while the Ward Kovalev rematch details get ironed out. Seems to me the impatience comes from those who want to see Ward lose and are overly eager to because they believe Kovalev will win the rematch. Does a real boxing fan root for a specific guy to lose?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      yeah i dont get it either mate. theres too many posters on here with agendas
      My friend...many would agree with me that you are one of those posters with an agenda. Oh and whenever someone uses the word "clearly" to describe a topic that has been hotly debated by thousands over the last 3 months, you know they have an agenda.

Too many people think their opinion or perspective is "right".

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        Why the need to demand? All signs point to a June 17th rematch. Folks seem to be mad over nothing. As if they'd rather be mad than enjoy the fights we do have while the Ward Kovalev rematch details get ironed out. Seems to me the impatience comes from those who want to see Ward lose and are overly eager to because they believe Kovalev will win the rematch. Does a real boxing fan root for a specific guy to lose?
        I want to see a great fight, the last fight left a bad taste in my mouth as boxing fan. Makes me want to see more, so the 2 best light-heavyweights can settle it out in the ring. Cant wait until June.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          And I can't recall seeing an audience so bitter in defeat, lol.

Kovalev lost a close fight, but to hear folks on here and elsewhere try to tell it, Kovalev had Ward whooped, 10 rounds to 2, and got shafted with an utterly criminal decision.

Wht is it so difficult for folks to acknowledge reality?
          Really? It happens on NSB with every close fight or bad decision.

Fanaticism makes it difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            So kell brook signs contract on very last deadline after two extensions, we hear crickets from fans. Hughie signs contract to fight Parker very last day before deadline, we hear crickets from fans. Andre receives no deadline for negotiations nor has he defaulted any contract, he's treated like chit. Andre is the bigger name, Andre is the winner of the 2 and he is the champ. He will not be pressured by online zealots and fanboys. He will not be pressured by failing promoters and already conquered, extremely desperate foes. The time for making demands was before you lost, not that you have, you'll be dictated to as those seeking a champions attention should be.

I was just gonna tell the b1tches to stop crying, but yea..... what you said

Comment

Start demading the fight Ward groupies enough of this. You know your boy got a gift decision and now it's ok to stall the rematch this is boxing. Ward getting his ass whooped next fight thats why he's pulling diva games. This is boxing not dancing with the stars ffs.
              Cry all you want; Kathy Duva and Sergey Kovalev aren't dictating **** in this rematch.

Hurry up and sit.

Comment

There's a contract signed already wtf what kind of post was that. ward needs to stop stalling and make the rematch happen already. By the way how many fighters talk about fighting the G-man but never have their promoters call K-2 to make a fight happen? Cant believe the lame excuses. Wards Getting starched in the rematch. No gift decisions from bias judges.
                Do you know what's in the contract? Has money, location ring size etc been mentioned in it? So yeah Ward should use his position as A-side to get what he wants. As far ggg, Canelo and Ward have reached out, but his team says that isn't good enough; well 2 can play that game. If you believe Ward is getting starched then you didn't watch the first fight. How do you expect Kovalev to get better When he was going against a guy who had come off a layoff AND was new to the division without fighting top comp? Kovalev was the best Kovalev; Ward wasn't the best Ward and he still got the belts

Comment

• I've said it before and I'll say it again, Andre Ward's words are those of a man who knows his last win was a fraud.

especially how Ward has never really been a talker like this, at least as much as I have paid attention, I don't recall this kind of speak from him, which leads me to believe that he isn't secure in his last win, mentally. I can be wrong, and will be told so by many, but it's a gut instinct, it's also something he'd never admit, and there is no way of proving it, but I get a decent read on people and have a sense for this type thing, and I think it's a naturally defensive posture to be an agitator in this regard out of insecurity from that last gift decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                    If Ward retires without fighting the rematch with Kovalev, he can kiss good-bye to any positive legacy what-so-ever.

He'll be called a diva coward for the rest of his life. Ward would hate that. It would be better to take the rematch and get knocked out than to retire.
                    Where would anyone be in life if they made decisions to keep from being called names by internet trolls? The human race would disappear because everyone would have to choose not to exist to succeed at that.

Pointless cause I'm sure that comment was miles above your head. And your head is somewhere underneath a bridge hunting billy goats.
                    Last edited by peplz; 03-03-2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                      I've said it before and I'll say it again, Andre Ward's words are those of a man who knows his last win was a fraud.

especially how Ward has never really been a talker like this, at least as much as I have paid attention, I don't recall this kind of speak from him, which leads me to believe that he isn't secure in his last win, mentally. I can be wrong, and will be told so by many, but it's a gut instinct, it's also something he'd never admit, and there is no way of proving it, but I get a decent read on people and have a sense for this type thing, and I think it's a naturally defensive posture to be an agitator in this regard out of insecurity from that last gift decision.
                      Andre Ward is being an agitator? Have you ever heard the kind of filth that comes out of the mouth of Sergey Kovalev? Ward fought his heart out and won after facing adversity early on. He earned the right to call the shots. To say that his win was a fraud is to say that the fight wasn't even close. And that's an obvious biased fraud opinion. Fake boxing journalists writing slanted opinion pieces trashing Andre Ward because they are friends with Kovalev's promoter is something to use your gut feeling about more so than trying to read Ward's mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X