Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Has a Fighter Ever Mocked his Opponent Like That?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post

so demoralizing
    ^^^^^^ "i like michael vick"

the man C(CRIP) walked then started back battering the guy....saw this live

man floyd from 2003-2005 was absolutely entertaining....140 wouldve been his best weight. all casuals know is 30+ year old defensive master trying to preserve himself..not the hungry pretty boy floyd who battered guys and left the ring like he took a morning jog

Comment

Lomachenko loves taunting his opponents, and it seems strange because he looks like a nice humble person outside of the ring

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Ah! How could I forget Mr Calzaghe!?

Err... I was about to say Roy's showboating & clowning in the ring, but Joe rubbed it in with Roy..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          Err... I was about to say Roy's showboating & clowning in the ring, but Joe rubbed it in with Roy..
          LOL. Calzaghe was the most entertaining fighter ever for me. He dominated Jeff Lacy for twelve rounds and every round was still fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            LOL. Calzaghe was the most entertaining fighter ever for me. He dominated Jeff Lacy for twelve rounds and every round was still fun to watch.
            Joe wore hi heart on his sleeve, that guy wasn't powerful, as skilled as Roy or BHop, but he was relentless.. Cat like reflexes to be fair..

Comment

yea after the man was knocked out several times, was old, couldn't pull the trigger or take a punch

the stuff legends are made of

when both were at 168, and Jones when Jones was actually a top fighter in 2003 and earlier, Joe was happy defending his WBOgus belt in the UK....He likes his cherries overRipe

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                yea after the man was knocked out several times, was old, couldn't pull the trigger or take a punch

the stuff legends are made of

when both were at 168, and Jones when Jones was actually a top fighter in 2003 and earlier, Joe was happy defending his WBOgus belt in the UK....He likes his cherries overRipe
                Ain't his fault.. Roy should know better.. Roy got knocked out by Maccarenelli recently FFS, if he fails to realize that he is old & needs to hang em up then even the mediocre guys is going to show him that..

Can't hate the man who wins..

Comment

Ain't his fault.. Roy should know better.. Roy got knocked out by Maccarenelli recently FFS, if he fails to realize that he is old & needs to hang em up then even the mediocre guys is going to show him that..

Can't hate the man who wins..
                  i dont hate him at all, respect joe alot and followed him since the eubank fight....i tried to tell everyone he was gonna embarass that overrated Lacy...but near prime 96-03....he was not gonna be doing that vs Jones....trust me

its just not noteworthy considering Jones was clearly washed up

they knew when to fight Jones...definitely not the jones knocking out guys with body shotsm hands behind his back and throwing 5 left hooks in a row

i wish roy would listen to everyone and hang em up....my gym spars his guys often....he is still sharp in the mind, but for ow long after so many ko's past 35.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    You might be crazy but, if so, we're both in good company. He's my all-time favorite to watch. If I haven't been working out for a couple months, I will put on some Calzaghe fights to get that enthusiasm back.
                    Hell, my wife actually started hitting the heavy bag regularly after seeing the Joe Calzaghe movie.

It might be that he wasn't physically gifted (in fact, his hands were bad), never learned great skills. He just trained his ass off and used his whit and hunger to go out there and take it. I admire the hell out of that guy.

A lot of the guys I respect get a ton of hate on here. Maybe it's because I look at how hard it was for them to get where they got, whereas a lot of fans like the guys who make it look easy.
                    It's funny you mention him. I believe Calzaghe is also daggums favorite fighter all time also.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      i dont hate him at all, respect joe alot and followed him since the eubank fight....i tried to tell everyone he was gonna embarass that overrated Lacy...but near prime 96-03....he was not gonna be doing that vs Jones....trust me

its just not noteworthy considering Jones was clearly washed up

they knew when to fight Jones...definitely not the jones knocking out guys with body shotsm hands behind his back and throwing 5 left hooks in a row

i wish roy would listen to everyone and hang em up....my gym spars his guys often....he is still sharp in the mind, but for ow long after so many ko's past 35.

I loved Roy while growing up.. He was a complete package.. But I cannot see him getting stoned by journeymen these days, those guys have no business being in the ring with him..

Comment

Working...
                      X