Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Paul Williams listed at 6 foot 1 when he was really 6 foot 4?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Well if it makes you feel any better, he is no longer 6'4"...
    Come on...

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
      ah man thats cold
      Even at 3 feet 4 he can probably still drop this chump

Comment

The thread itself is ridiculous, I'm not mocking Williams for his condition, it's the nature of the thread itself. I find it hypocritical that this poster came to William's defense but no one said a peep when Aaron Hernandez's suicide was joke fodder yesterday.
        Well, Hernandez was a PoS.

Comment

Well if it makes you feel any better, he is no longer 6'4"...
          I hope every time you close your eyes to sleep, you see a re-run of Bernard Hopkins vs Winky Wright in an infinite loop and whenever you open them, it starts all over again

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            Well, Hernandez was a PoS.
            But a human being non the less. Doesn't all God's children deserve compassion?

Here's what I will do. I am offering a non-sarcastic, sincere apology for anyone who I offended with my original comment on this thread. It was not meant to ridicule Williams who I liked as a fighter, it was a crude comment directed at the thread itself, to point out the insignificance of the thread. In hindsight, it was in poor taste and I apologize to those who I have offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
              I hope every time you close your eyes to sleep, you see a re-run of Bernard Hopkins vs Winky Wright in an infinite loop and whenever you open them, it starts all over again
              If you really wanted to hurt me you would have wished Ruiz vs. Rahman on me.

Comment

I don't know who else has noticed that many fighters have their measurements listed differently for many of their fights. I've seen Mosley's height listed between 5 ft 6 1/2" and 5 ft 8 1/2", I've seen Hopkins, Canelo, Mayweather, Manny and Delahoya listed differently a few times also. I have a 1987 newspaper clip that lists Mike Tyson at 5 ft 11 3/4"....almost 6 ft tall ! Most other places I've seen him listed between 5 ft 9 and 5 ft 11.

I wonder why there's such disparity in their height measurements from fight to fight? Maybe they just ask the fighter how tall they are sometimes or maybe the people that measure the fighters aren't very conscientious and do a quick haphazard measurement. Or maybe sometimes the fighters don't take off their shoes.

I question the accuracy of the wingspan/ arm reach measurements listed for these guys too.

Comment

I guess whoever measured him got it wrong. He does look closer to 6 ft. 4 than 6 ft. 1. I am sure it was just an honest mistake. I can't think of a reason whoever is in charge of listing his height would deliberately list him as shorter than he really is.

Comment

Williams looked a good 3 inches taller than Margarito in most pics. I think 6 ft 2 sounds about right.

Comment

But a human being non the less. Doesn't all God's children deserve compassion?

Here's what I will do. I am offering a non-sarcastic, sincere apology for anyone who I offended with my original comment on this thread. It was not meant to ridicule Williams who I liked as a fighter, it was a crude comment directed at the thread itself, to point out the insignificance of the thread. In hindsight, it was in poor taste and I apologize to those who I have offended.

You didn't offend me I was just pointing out the difference between Williams and Hernandez.

Comment

Working...
                      X