Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Paul Williams listed at 6 foot 1 when he was really 6 foot 4?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was Paul Williams listed at 6 foot 1 when he was really 6 foot 4?

It reminds me of when they used to say Julio Cesar Chavez Jr was 5 foot 11 when its clear he is around 6 foot 2.

Im 6 foot 1 and I have friends who around 5 foot 11 and I dont look that much taller than them like Williams did against Margarito who is 5 foot 11 and Williams was listed at 6 foot 1, there is no way he was 6 foot 1 he was more like 6 foot 4

This is Paul Williams who was listed at 6 foot 1 but was really around 6 foot 4 vs Sharmba mitchell who was listed at 5 foot 7

Here he is with 5 foot 11 Margarito

Comment

Well if it makes you feel any better, he is no longer 6'4"...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        ah man thats cold

Comment

... Wikipedia has him at 6 ft 1 1⁄2 in (187 cm)...

(... in fact: 186.69 cm)...
          Last edited by MDPopescu; 04-21-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            you lowlife scumbag with that comment!

Comment

Well maybe he's not 6'1", he's probably 6'2".

Pavlik is 6'2" and they appeared to be around the same height, in fact Pavlik is probably taller because he clearly has bad form while Williams stands straight.

Comment

I odubt he was 6'4'' but there are always discrepancies in boxing heights. Canelo is listed at 5'9'' but was shorter than 5'8'' Khan, which takes me back to his original listing of 5'7''. Now, increasing a fighters height makes sense to me but decreasing it...I dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                  you lowlife scumbag with that comment!
                  Shock comments seem to be the norm here. That dude better hope something like that doesn't happen to him or his family. Very rude comment.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    I odubt he was 6'4'' but there are always discrepancies in boxing heights. Canelo is listed at 5'9'' but was shorter than 5'8'' Khan, which takes me back to his original listing of 5'7''. Now, increasing a fighters height makes sense to me but decreasing it...I dunno.
                    I think it's how they stand that makes a big difference. Williams doesn't slouch like many people do, so he will appear taller. Margarito slouches which helped Williams look like he towered over him. If you go through faceoffs you'll see not many boxers stand straight, it's just bad habit of people and it's normal. Williams wasn't one of those boxers, he showed every bit of his height due to the way he stands.

Comment

Working...
                    X