Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Hunter better than the champions at 175?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hunter better than the champions at 175?

Does anybody really believe that?

I'd pick Kovalev, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Ward, etc. to all defeat Usyk. Forget HW, he wouldn't even be able to beat the guys at light heavy weight.

Not sure he even beats Bellew who's had much more success at 190 than 175.

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Does anybody really believe that?

I'd pick Kovalev, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Ward, etc. to all defeat Usyk. Forget HW, he wouldn't even be able to beat the guys at light heavy weight.

Not sure he even beats Bellew who's had much more success at 190 than 175.

via GIPHY

Comment

You think Michael Hunter is a better fighter than the champions on 175? Where do you rank him P4P?

Beterbiev has already proven he's capable of hurting and dropping Usyk in the amateurs. Usyk showed much of the same weaknesses against 5'11 Mchunu.

Comment

Hunter arguably beat Gassiev in the ams if we are talking about Ams.

Hunter only has 12 fights im sure hes just as good as anyone you named in the number of fights hes had.

Beterbiev and Usyk is prob a 50/50 fight too...less moving than hunter but alot more power. usyk is highly untested no matter what he did in the ams or WSOB.

You cant really gage a fighter full skill set until 20 plus fights to see where hes actually at.

Comment

Size matters. We have weight classes for a reason

Comment

Usyk has a rough night but I don't think I'd take any of those guys over him. I might have him 50/50 with Kov and Ward IF they had a year and a half to put on weight properly. I'd definitely take Usyk over Bellew.

Hunter was bringing him a fight and was unafraid. I don't think that means that Usyk is crap. He still pretty much finished him, despite the ref's bad decision.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Hunter arguably beat Gassiev in the ams if we are talking about Ams.

Hunter only has 12 fights im sure hes just as good as anyone you named in the number of fights hes had.

Beterbiev and Usyk is prob a 50/50 fight too...less moving than hunter but alot more power. usyk is highly untested no matter what he did in the ams or WSOB.

You cant really gage a fighter full skill set until 20 plus fights to see where hes actually at.
              Gassiev's style is better for the pros just as Usyk's style is better for the amateurs. I think he faces 50/50 fights with all of the champions.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                Size matters. We have weight classes for a reason
                Hunter weighed 197 on fight night, he wasn't exactly some hulking cruiser.

Bellew & Vlasov have had much success at cruiser, but you don't think Kova, Beterbiev, etc. couldn't adapt? These fighters are smaller but extremely skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Gassiev's style is better for the pros just as Usyk's style is better for the amateurs. I think he faces 50/50 fights with all of the champions.
                  True..i just rewatched the Usyk/Hunter fight and fail to see how Usyk completely dominated ...MANY rnds i thought Hunter landed the more /cleaner punches while Usytk missed at least more than 4 rnds....only rnd 12 was a very dominating rnd for Usyk all the others was very back and forth which is why i dont really take compu box seriously. It was closer than given credit for .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    True..i just rewatched the Usyk/Hunter fight and fail to see how Usyk completely dominated ...MANY rnds i thought Hunter landed the more /cleaner punches while Usytk missed at least more than 4 rnds....only rnd 12 was a very dominating rnd for Usyk all the others was very back and forth which is why i dont really take compu box seriously. It was closer than given credit for .
                    This is false. After round 4, Usyk was connecting a lot more

Comment

Working...
                    X