Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Browne: I arrived in Chechnya a clean athlete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What possible reason would they have to want him test positive? I think he's doing himself a disservice. Just admit it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      Isn't clenbuterol a short-term stimulant with immediate effects enhancing breathing and stamina? Saying you tested clean days before the fight doesn't really mean much... Whether he's guilty or not it just doesn't mean a whole lot.
      https://www.steroid.com/Clenbuterol.php

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        He was tested 5 days before the fight and he was clean, blood and urine. His post-fight test failed.
        Yeah I saw that. Still doesn't prove he didn't use anything in between him being tested and the fight. Just shows he was clean when he arrived to mother Russia

Comment

Perhaps...

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Yeah I saw that. Still doesn't prove he didn't use anything in between him being tested and the fight. Just shows he was clean when he arrived to mother Russia
            True but why would he take a drug most commonly used as a fat burner? The drug stays in your system 7-10 days. If he knew what the drug was. Knew why he was taking it. Wouldn't he also know how long the drug stays in his system? Things aren't making sense.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              True but why would he take a drug most commonly used as a fat burner? The drug stays in your system 7-10 days. If he knew what the drug was. Knew why he was taking it. Wouldn't he also know how long the drug stays in his system? Things aren't making sense.
              I'll agree that some of this isn't adding up, but boxers aren't the smartest guys in the world. He could of thought he was gonna get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                What possible reason would they have to want him test positive? I think he's doing himself a disservice. Just admit it and move on.
                You serious? Chechnia is the wild west. They tried the same **** on Oquendo too

And the rounds that were lengthed and shortened was a disgrace that no one mentions because Browne won

Comment

Mainstream boxing in chechnya? Wasn't too long ago visiting foreigners would be at risk of being kidnapped or killed...getting his food spiked with peds aint so bad.

Comment

First time I've read about a guy testing positive in boxing and immediately being like "Yeah... I'm not buying it."

Somethin's up with this.

Comment

Definitely something suss going on here.

Clenbuterol has been used as a meat additive for years - although a heap of countries have varying degrees of regulation and/or outright banning of it's use, it's not exactly non-existent these days.

Erik Morales got two years unpaid vacation for using it - Lucas Browne needs to consider that, as well as losing the title.

Gut feeling says he's being stitched up. Either he indulged in the wrong kind of Alistair Overeem-endorsed horse meat on arrival, or those dodgy Russian's are at it again. The latter wouldn't be surprising.

Comment

Working...
                      X