Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG controlls opponents with his head! VIDEO!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG controlls opponents with his head! VIDEO!

GGG reveals his tricks by teaching Cuban Lightheavyweight boxer Sullivan Barrera how to fight in clinches & use head control on the side.

Used inside vs. Chavez JR

Comment

GGG schooling these dudes

Comment

He used it vs Adama and Murray as well when they attempted to clinch him.

Comment

Reminds me of Roberto Duran putting his head in Davey Moore's shoulder and controlling him the whole way. GGG is very skilled. What separates him from the rest is not his power. It's his positioning and footwork and moves like this one. For those who claim to appreciate the artistry of the sport, this is it. Making a guy miss and controlling him in close is much more impressive than leaping across the ring when the opponent feints. Great waste of energy. Short, small moves to put the man where you want him is much more impressive and useful.

Comment

Such an awesome fighter GGG is, I don't understand how anyone can hate the man. He's a ****ing wonderful person inside and outside the ring.

Just because his trainer talks major ****, doesn't mean he does.

GGG future ATG, best thing that happened in boxing in a LOOOONG TIME!

Comment

its all leverage.

People who have been in real fights etc already know this.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                Reminds me of Roberto Duran putting his head in Davey Moore's shoulder and controlling him the whole way. GGG is very skilled. What separates him from the rest is not his power. It's his positioning and footwork and moves like this one. For those who claim to appreciate the artistry of the sport, this is it. Making a guy miss and controlling him in close is much more impressive than leaping across the ring when the opponent feints. Great waste of energy. Short, small moves to put the man where you want him is much more impressive and useful.
                This is what some people tend to look over. For not being the quickest guy or having some outrageous reach he's able to land clean really often without spending to much energy. The power he has at MW is really just a bonus and a great equalizer to have should he ever be down on the cards and need a last minute knockout. And his footwork is starting to get some recognition these days. He gets hit yes but rarely does he just straight up walk or leap into a punch without rolling with it or making sure he's at the very end of it which I think is a big reason he's never been seriously hurt thus far in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails View Post
                  This is what some people tend to look over. For not being the quickest guy or having some outrageous reach he's able to land clean really often without spending to much energy. The power he has at MW is really just a bonus and a great equalizer to have should he ever be down on the cards and need a last minute knockout. And his footwork is starting to get some recognition these days. He gets hit yes but rarely does he just straight up walk or leap into a punch without rolling with it or making sure he's at the very end of it which I think is a big reason he's never been seriously hurt thus far in his career.
                  Oh yeah. Rolling with punches is something a lot of people know nothing about. Roberto Duran was a master of it. The ability to see the shot coming and knowing you won't be able to get out of the way of it and then using your own reflexes to take the starch out of it separates the good from the great. Golovkin knows how to position himself so that he will end up on the side of his opponent to nullify the opponent's ability to throw, much less land, a punch. Roman Gonzalez is also very good at putting a fighter where he wants him. These little sly tricks are hard to catch in a real time film. You have to slow it down but when you do, you seem some amazing things from the greats. GGG is a standout because of these little things. The bonus of his great punch makes him even more impressive and more feared. All this talk about he should move up in weight to get a fight is ridiculous because the two top guys at his weight are afraid of him. If Lara wants to step up, I'm sure GGG will take him on. When you study each of them, I think it's obvious that Golovkin will destroy him. Canelo had lots of trouble with Lara, but Canelo doesn't cut of the ring. GGG is great at cutting off the ring and putting his man where he wants him. Lara will crumble and maybe then, Canelo might be forced to fight him through a court order.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    This is what I always try and emphasize to people, who view GGG as just a puncher, if you know about the subtleties in boxing, like this one he just showed, and you can spot the things he does and the way he establishes and maintains control, its quite beautiful. He really is a fighter on an extraordinarily high skill level completely outside of his punching ability.

He has great footwork, always is balanced, knows all of the tricks. He is much more well rounded that people know.

Comment

Working...
                    X