No announcement yet.

Liston, Tyson, Lennox, Vitali, & Wlad: Rank these resumes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    So this means Bowe has a better resume than Lewis as his win over prime Holyfiled is way better than anything on Lewis resume?
    No, but Bowe has the better win of any of these. He didn't do enough or get enough good wins to be ranked along side Lennox/Wlad/Tyson. Plus, Bowe ducked Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      We can see what you base your opinions on.

I noticed your list of favorite fighters all had something in common.

You need to learn to evaluate boxers more objectively.
      My favorite fighters list has plenty of different people. Blacks, Cubans, Mexicans, s**t I even really like Golovkin and Brook.

But you're in no position to talk man.

And saying Liston only has two notable wins over Patterson is just proof you don't know nearly as much about HW history as you think you do.

Comment

Lennox is top by a good margin

The rest are all poor resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
          Lennox is top by a good margin

The rest are all poor resumes.
          Could you elaborate on this? Compare 5 best Lewis wins against 5 best Wlad wins...

Comment

Could you elaborate on this? Compare 5 best Lewis wins against 5 best Wlad wins...
            We are talking overall resumes not top 5 wins and Lewis is clearly ahead of Wlad. Although Lewis's top five wins are better than Wlads top 5 going solely off that would make it look closer than it actually is.
            Last edited by -Lowkey-; 10-04-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Lewis
              Wlad
              Tyson
              Liston
              Vitali
              Hmmm.

Lewis definitely #1.

Comment

That's easy, surely.

Wlad's 'best win' is against a blown-up, hyped-up CW. It's a sad fact, unfortunately.

Comment

Difficult to decide.

A resumee can be tricky. For instance, Lewis defeated Tyson, a past prime Tyson without any doubt. How should we rate his win?.
                  His fight against Vitali arised endless discussions, was Lewis about to knock Vitali out?. Or the deep cut was unlucky, for Vitaly was ahead on the scorecards?.

Nobody knows for sure.

In my opinion these 5 fighters' resumees are close, my attempt:

1) Liston : (50-4) No unavenged defeat apart from Alì and Matis, who was however forced to retire after the bout. Many think he threw the fights with Alì, in any case, considering the level of the opposition, I pick Sonny as number 1

2) Tyson: (50-6 (2) ). In my opinion Mike's carrer is more or less over at 37-1. We never saw the old Mike again after Buster and the jail. Yet , I pick that 37-1 over Lewis and the Klits. His rise was incredible (as much as his fall).
                  His victories decisive, the level of opposition decent, but not spectacular (Holmes -coming back from retirement-, Spinx).

3) Lewis (41-2 (1)) A very close call, maybe he should be second. However, I cannot think of any memorable win. Both Tyson and Holyfield were past their prime when he fought them (Holyfield was at 36-3 before the fight, retired at 44-10, 7 defeats in 3 years, 6 excluding Lewis).

4) Wlad (58-3) Dominant, perhaps too dominant. I find it hard to rate him, or the level of his opposition. Not his fault, but the decline of the HW division doesn't play in his favor

5) Vitali (45-2) Same as his brother. Most will remember him for his defeat against an old Lewis, the only real big name in his resumee.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
                    Difficult to decide.

A resumee can be tricky. For instance, Lewis defeated Tyson, a past prime Tyson without any doubt. How should we rate his win?.
                    His fight against Vitali arised endless discussions, was Lewis about to knock Vitali out?. Or the deep cut was unlucky, for Vitaly was ahead on the scorecards?.

Nobody knows for sure.

In my opinion these 5 fighters' resumees are close, my attempt:

1) Liston : (50-4) No unavenged defeat apart from Alì and Matis, who was however forced to retire after the bout. Many think he threw the fights with Alì, in any case, considering the level of the opposition, I pick Sonny as number 1

2) Tyson: (50-6 (2) ). In my opinion Mike's carrer is more or less over at 37-1. We never saw the old Mike again after Buster and the jail. Yet , I pick that 37-1 over Lewis and the Klits. His rise was incredible (as much as his fall).
                    His victories decisive, the level of opposition decent, but not spectacular (Holmes -coming back from retirement-, Spinx).

3) Lewis (41-2 (1)) A very close call, maybe he should be second. However, I cannot think of any memorable win. Both Tyson and Holyfield were past their prime when he fought them (Holyfield was at 36-3 before the fight, retired at 44-10, 7 defeats in 3 years, 6 excluding Lewis).

4) Wlad (58-3) Dominant, perhaps too dominant. I find it hard to rate him, or the level of his opposition. Not his fault, but the decline of the HW division doesn't play in his favor

5) Vitali (45-2) Same as his brother. Most will remember him for his defeat against an old Lewis, the only real big name in his resumee.
                    Terrible list and even worse reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                      We are talking overall resumes not top 5 wins and Lewis is clearly ahead of Wlad. Although Lewis's top five wins are better than Wlads top 5 going solely off that would make it look closer than it actually is.
                      Please do.
                      Include the whole resumes. I think Lewis resume is better but only just. I see it much closer than most of people that's why I am interested to hear about this.

Comment

Working...
                      X