Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK lobbies UN to change pregnant 'women' to 'pregnant people' to be more inclusive...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    why do some of you have such a problem with things that do not affect you but make those that it does affect more comfortable?
    But it does affect me, and it affects you in more than one way. The more this becomes normalized and part of the culture, the more I have to worry that my offspring and their offspring will think that this is ok, or even encouraged.

I'm sorry but this is not ok, and it affects everything by even having a central platform. The world is going mad and you seem to be ok with it.

Comment

WTF are you talking about?
      WTF I'm talking about? I thought it was clear, you're denying science for the sakes of comfortability.

Only women can become pregnant, it's been established as scientific fact for quite some time.

Comment

The world is losing its damn mind smh.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          But it does affect me, and it affects you in more than one way. The more this becomes normalized and part of the culture, the more I have to worry that my offspring and their offspring will think that this is ok, or even encouraged.

I'm sorry but this is not ok, and it affects everything by even having a central platform. The world is going mad and you seem to be ok with it.
          Dunn should change his name to The Great Debater. I think he just likes to argue.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
            Simple. Truth, freedom and science. Also these things either do or will affect us. Hate speech laws in Europe, C-16 bill in Canada, and the laws in New York issuing fines for improper pronoun usage. Your head has to be buried in the sand to think this isn't affecting people, and the problem is only growing.
            No, it doesn't affect me because I don't have an issue calling someone what they wish to be called. I don't care if someone wants to be called a "zee" or whatever. If I were to run into a pregnant transgender man, I would call him/her whatever they wished.

What this comes down to is simple respect. If someone wants to be called, zee, zir, why does it matter to you so much? Further, why would you go out of the way to call them something else once they explain their position?

Comment

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
              WTF I'm talking about? I thought it was clear, you're denying science for the sakes of comfortability.

Only women can become pregnant, it's been established as scientific fact for quite some time.
              No one is denying science FFS! Someone asks to be called something, i respect their personal wish. I move on. I don't get into spurious arguments about science.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted. I have 2 kids, I teach them the values that I feel are important. I assume you do the same thing. No matter what the world will have things in it that you do not agree with.

One value I teach is personal respect. You don't have to agree with any choice anyone else makes, but you should respect that choice as you want your choices respected.

If this is an issue for some of you, so be it. I can't figure why you would even waste the time, energy and effort to not call someone what they wished to be called.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-23-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

No one is denying science FFS! Someone asks to be called something, i respect their personal wish. I move on. I don't get into spurious arguments about science.
                  Yeah but this isn't what this is.

This is the UK government pretending men can become pregnant, they can't. And trying to force another entity to go along with the make-believe, they shouldn't.

It's make-believe.

The government should go by the proper medical terms.

Comment

OK, so what if a pregnant woman wants to be called a 'pregnant woman', but can't because the official term, that was made up just to satisfy a tiny percentage of the society that consists of mentally ill people, is 'pregnant people'? That's discrimination, isn't?

Today they do that, tommorow it will be normal for a trannie to work as a teacher. If your kid's, let's say a biology teacher, was a trannie, would you be OK with that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
                      Yeah but this isn't what this is.

This is the UK government pretending men can become pregnant, they can't. And trying to force another entity to go along with the make-believe, they shouldn't.

It's make-believe.

The government should go by the proper medical terms.
                      I'm fine if you feel this way. IMO, government's primary role is protecting its citizens. If this change meets this end without harming any one else, which this appears to be the case here and in the examples DreamerUSA gave, then I don't see the issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X