Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn has ruined Kell Brook's career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like somebody said he wanted to one up Khan.

Here's the thing though. Brook was heavier than GGG on fight night and weigh in.

Khan was outweighed by 20 lbs. But GGG, relatively hits quite a bit harder and applies more pressure than Canelo, but I don't think it was that crazy. It was a gamble, not an insane gamble, but a gamble that didn't pay off.

Comment

I was just coming on here to make this exact thread! Absolutely right he has, Brook is now physically and mentally damaged goods, and all that's left for him is a Khan money fight. Even that has lost a fair amount of its sparkle now as Khan has been running for so long.

Comment

I am not really logical person when it comes to sport, but even i could see that? Taking the Golovkin fight was a amateurish move by Eddie Hearn! He gave in to the pressure of online boxing fans. Your number 1 priority as a boxing promoter is to protect your fighter, and take BIG risk at the right time! (There was absolutely no need to take such a massive risk and fight Golovkin! Kell Brook at that time in his career was world champion, undefeated plus he had a element of mystery about him! people within the boxing world where not sure how good he was? and sometimes in terms of marketability this is a good attribute to have! But the most important attribute Kell Brook embodied was complete arrogance within his boxing ability!

This was all destroyed during the Golovkin fight, and i am not sure whether this something a fighter can regain totally! (I am not sure whether he has sustained a injury to his damage eye again?).
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-28-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

FOCK this wannabe excuse about golovkin...golovkin didnt ruin brook..AT ALL....and it was a huge leap nobody would have expected brook to take in the first place...brook took it

what ruined brooks career was spence....spence touched up that healthy eye and took brooks heart

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            Kell Brook wanted the fight. We got a good fight, why are you such a whiner?

Complaining about fighters taking risks, jeeezzus.
            Because he has damaged his health and mentality. All because his promoter chased the £.

Comment

Originally posted by leppard365 View Post
              Because he has damaged his health and mentality. All because his promoter chased the £.
              the ggg fight was not a welterweight fight that anyone would have been mad at brook for passing on...or could have called him a ducker or pansy for...brook was on board with that fight totally...he wanted the money...he chased the money...his fault

but ya know....a guy like miguel cotto took savage beatings from margarito and pac(both way worse than the one brook took from golovin)...and still came back and fought top level guys and could still give it a good go....

the golovkin fight had nothing to do with what happened last night...nothing...if you are trying to link them then you are a desperate golovkin or brook fanboy

spence just beat brook plain and simple

Comment

I simply disagree, if Brook didn't want the fight he could just have passed. He wanted attention and he got it. He has shown massive bravery, so what is not to like? Hearn is a great promoter perhaps the best, because he listens to his fighters, makes sure that they are not just some protected prospects, but really giving them (and us) the best fights.

Comment

Brook has always been a fighter who wants to maximise his earning.

Hearn has made him millions, how is that ruining his career?

Comment

he should never have gone in with golovkin. But he did because eddie hearn is a money grabber.
                    So you surprised that a man who chose combat sports for a living has received combat damage?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      the ggg fight was not a welterweight fight that anyone would have been mad at brook for passing on...or could have called him a ducker or pansy for...brook was on board with that fight totally...he wanted the money...he chased the money...his fault

but ya know....a guy like miguel cotto took savage beatings from margarito and pac(both way worse than the one brook took from golovin)...and still came back and fought top level guys and could still give it a good go....

the golovkin fight had nothing to do with what happened last night...nothing...if you are trying to link them then you are a desperate golovkin or brook fanboy

spence just beat brook plain and simple
                      But Cotto was absolutely never ever the same after the Marg and Pac beatings. He lost so much zip and accuracy.

He could still compete because a diminished Cotto is good and popular enough to keep going. I don't know if Brook is though. I think he is good enough. But is he popular enough to lure name opponents anymore? Less fans, no belt. People calling him a quitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X