No announcement yet.

GGG fought at 4 weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craveman View Post
    I'd like not to think so although RJJ was before my time.
    Did you think boxers fought the same weight their entire lives?

Comment

If GGG would turned pro at 18 he would probably be in his third division by now, not that it matters, many guys didn't move up including Marvin Hagler, Willie Pep, and Terry Norris.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        Did you think boxers fought the same weight their entire lives?
        Certainly not. Why are you trying to get ahead of yourself?

Comment

Certainly not. Why are you trying to get ahead of yourself?
          You did it yourself making this thread man

Comment

Damn, RJJ ended around 80 pounds more than he started with.
            Yea, a lot of these guys have. On a side note, also disproves the idea that only Manny has gone up in weight and maintained success like we always hear.

Comment

The point is that GGG had he turned pro earlier would have gone threw more divisions than what he has now.

There's also a thing called body frame and how much a guy can actually fill out. With GGG you see a guy that would be at a disadvantage at 168 and would be a plain dwarf at 175.

But haters keep hating. The mexicans can't deal with the ginger being a coward. The blacks wanted him to fight a guy that is separated by 2 weight divisions and didn't take the chance when he had it. The cubans want GGG to be charged with slaughter after what he would do to Lara.

The rest of the world can see things like they are. GGG has climbed weight divisions in the past and has only one more division his body can sustain (168). He will fight there for a prize fight, but he doesn't need to go around bending to the will of ppl to scared to get in the ring with him.

Let the man become an ATG at 160.

Comment

Man these threads are terrible. The need to rename this place NSGGG.

Anyway here's the oldest Golovkin fight I could find on the internet. Fighting Bakhitiyar Artayev who won gold for Kazakhstan at the 2004 Olympics as well as the Val Barker trophy.

Cool seeing what two guys of that standard look like when they were kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                  Yea, a lot of these guys have. On a side note, also disproves the idea that only Manny has gone up in weight and maintained success like we always hear.
                  Exactly what I was thinking. I've always thought Manny was the only guy to do this. However we mustn't forget that he did it professionally at world champion level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Man these threads are terrible. The need to rename this place NSGGG.

Anyway here's the oldest Golovkin fight I could find on the internet. Fighting Bakhitiyar Artayev who won gold for Kazakhstan at the 2004 Olympics as well as the Val Barker trophy.

Cool seeing what two guys of that standard look like when they were kids.

Thread's terrible? Thanks.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X