No announcement yet.

boxing contest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing contest

Ok, an essay contest on the best fighter from your nationality or heritage it is. It can be as long or as short as you want. No plagiarism please, this is on your honor.

This will be open to history section regulars only. If you're not a regular and would like to get in please PM me.

Contest starts now. The word contest must be in your thread title so the thread is easily distinguished from others.
    Last edited by JAB5239; 01-06-2012, 02:15 PM.

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    I need some ideas for a new boxing contest. I spoke to Tim Horton yesterday and he is still willing to pledge a copy of "Roar of the crowd" to the winner and I'll throw 5 billion points in. I'd like the contest to be shorter than past contests...does anyone have any ideas?
    How about a boxing picks contest that Scott used to do?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      How about a boxing picks contest that Scott used to do?

That is an idea I may like to use in the future for certain members of this section, but I'd like something that brings a little traffic with it yet not so difficult to take care of. Maybe an essay contest?

Comment

Why not an essay about the best fighter from your own nationality/heritage?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          Why not an essay about the best fighter from your own nationality/heritage?
          Bags Benny Lynch.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Bags Benny Lynch.
            That's the spirit.

Comment

I think the answer is in the title, we should have a boxing contest.
              Fight 1 should be me and Barn.

I'm in for the essay contest but I'm not sure how well it will turn out given the last one, although the reward is 500x better so it should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post

I'm in for the essay contest but I'm not sure how well it will turn out given the last one, although the reward is 500x better so it should be good.

thats what i thought we were talking about, brother

fisticuffs

if we've got any artists out there i'd love to see some of what you guys have got

burner i know you make and edit videos, certainly art in its own right.
                Last edited by New England; 01-03-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post

the others in usa can probably smell the bad blood coming from blackpool right now.

Comment

nc you do realise what you're getting yourself into, i've been watching a lot of Marty Cutler recently. Focussing on perfecting his overhand right which can be seen at 0:23.

Comment

Working...
                    X