No announcement yet.

Wladimir or Lennox - Who ranks highest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Shows Lewis abilities,thats why I have him at number 3 right now.however still like vitali and Tyson over him,and as stated Wlad would not be so easy for him.
    so your top 3 is 1. vitali 2. tyson 3. lewis? lol

i see no rationale at all for vitali being ranked that high

Comment

• Lennox Lewis is the best HW champ since Ali in my opinion. He battered Vitali into a TKO 6 win when barely 80% ready. Wlad could have challenged him then ,instead Wlad went into hiding. Lennox beat every man he ever faced in the pro ring
      Its time HRH made him Sir Lennox!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CJRock View Post
        Lennox Lewis is the best HW champ since Ali in my opinion. He battered Vitali into a TKO 6 win when barely 80% ready. Wlad could have challenged him then ,instead Wlad went into hiding. Lennox beat every man he ever faced in the pro ring
        Its time HRH made him Sir Lennox!!!!
        Correction, Wlad couldn't avenge TKO6 because he had just been soundly outboxed and savagely knocked out by Lewis' 38yr old journeyman sparring partner. To be fair Wlad can't be blamed for running from Lewis because he was too busy running away from avenging his own loss to Lewis' bummy old sparring partner.

Comment

• Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
          so your top 3 is 1. vitali 2. tyson 3. lewis? lol

i see no rationale at all for vitali being ranked that high
          Who has the best chance at a prime Tyson?I would say a 6'7 250 pound skilled iron chin giant wouldn't you?What you fail to see is is talent through nostalgic glasses,or are simply occupied watching high light footage and not actually watchinfg how a superior fighter does the little things that make him a nightmare to fight ,my last post already covered this !

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Mason was terrible. Don't let his record fool you.
            Wlad has lost to a significantly worse level opposition. Mason had heart, a chin and big power. It's been proven on multiple occasions that's all you need to beat Wlad. Gary Mason vs Wlad in his 15th pro fight is a likely KO win for Mason.

Comment

• wlad is still going so is this a fair question

Comment

• Now he is retired i think we can surely say that Wladimir falls a bit short of Lewis in the AT list. no doubt he was an excellent fighter under Steward and did indeed dominate for a decade but what a stinker of a HW era it was. The only possible defining legacy fight he could have had was against his brother and that could never happen.solid wins against Haye, Povetkin and Peter are about as good as it gets and when you match that up against the names Lennox fought in the 90's, many routine wins that are the equal of Wlad's best says it all really.

Comment

• Lewis certainly beat the better names.

Comment

• Vlad was no fighter. He did not have the instinct. That really showed in his last two fights. He could have beaten the musclebound limey, but he did not possess the instinct to get it done. He is a lollygagger in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      Vlad was no fighter. He did not have the instinct. That really showed in his last two fights. He could have beaten the musclebound limey, but he did not possess the instinct to get it done. He is a lollygagger in the ring.
                      Lol. Oh yeah. Why take into account that Wlad was 40+ against AJ before concluding that he didn't have fighting instinct? That's about as weak as claiming that Ali was just a punching bag because he didn't hit back against Holmes.

Comment

Working...
                      X