Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could be one boxer who woudl you be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myself....

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      I don't want to get people in an uproar. I think Floyd and possibly Manny also, need money. The problem with making money is the lifestyle that ensues.
      But they have enough where they should be set for life. They need to be smarter with saving their money, like Larry Holmes and Rocky Marciano. Didn't someone start an organization for retired boxers to not go broke? Who was that, Gerry Cooney?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        But they have enough where they should be set for life. They need to be smarter with saving their money, like Larry Holmes and Rocky Marciano. Didn't someone start an organization for retired boxers to not go broke? Who was that, Gerry Cooney?
        Cooney did something like that...he spoke very nicely when I heard him as an elder man. The system is designed to make it so excess money is lost. I write about this process a lot, including in other parts of the web.

part of the problem is how people who are not from wealthy bloodlines spend money... If you are a Rothchild, or a Rockefeller, you can drive a VW bug and wear sweat pants, your name is known. People moving up have to spend big to try to get a name. Its a very complex situation but the long and short of it is, there are few with the discipline of larry holmes, or Bernard Hopkins. Buying large ostentatious houses in places like Florida make for big tax payments and the upkeep cost a fortune.

Comment

Arthur Abraham or Tommy Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Cooney did something like that...he spoke very nicely when I heard him as an elder man. The system is designed to make it so excess money is lost. I write about this process a lot, including in other parts of the web.

part of the problem is how people who are not from wealthy bloodlines spend money... If you are a Rothchild, or a Rockefeller, you can drive a VW bug and wear sweat pants, your name is known. People moving up have to spend big to try to get a name. Its a very complex situation but the long and short of it is, there are few with the discipline of larry holmes, or Bernard Hopkins. Buying large ostentatious houses in places like Florida make for big tax payments and the upkeep cost a fortune.
            Bill Burr talked about that on his podcast and before that on the old Opie and Anthony radio show when talking about how corrupt banks are. He was saying the only way to get ahead and beat the system is to live like you make a lot less. So if you make a million a year, live like you make about 100 grand and if you make 100 grand, live like you make about 10 to 20 grand, so you live like you make only 10-50% of what you really make, so you save a lot more, plus you pay off any debts immediately, so they can't take your house or car or apartment. Make sure you own a place to live and your transportation and if possible, get a safe and keep some of your money in cash.

Comment

Bill Burr talked about that on his podcast and before that on the old Opie and Anthony radio show when talking about how corrupt banks are. He was saying the only way to get ahead and beat the system is to live like you make a lot less. So if you make a million a year, live like you make about 100 grand and if you make 100 grand, live like you make about 10 to 20 grand, so you live like you make only 10-50% of what you really make, so you save a lot more, plus you pay off any debts immediately, so they can't take your house or car or apartment. Make sure you own a place to live and your transportation and if possible, get a safe and keep some of your money in cash.
              Oh if it were just that simple... here is a clue: Immigrant families come to this country and cannot often get a decent job. So they are forced to open up a business...and not sexy businesses, like sports car restoration, but basic things we need to live, restaurants for food, clothes cleaning, janitorial, etc. The richest person ever in the Gold rush, a documented fact, was a itenerant Irish lady who baked pies for all the minors.

These immigrants do not save, they invest in a business, and increase the business. So in a generation what happens? they have worked hard for their own business, they have used their money, not as fodder to give the bank to lend out at a higher rate (savings) but to increase their business...And instead of the IRS deducting money, they give the IRS every year a big fat list of depreciation on the real estate (if they own it) and on the equipment, on the food prices, etc.

They do everything wrong, so they are succesful. Thats no coincidence Anthony. And as far as paying for your house? If you and i live in an identical house, and we both miss payments, you have never missed a payment and i am in hock, the house has an interest only payment, the mortgage is still really high, who do you thnk the bank will go after and why? Remember these are not nice people!

The bank manager says: well, we have to foreclose on one of these guys....if we sell Bill's place we would have to sell if for practically full price to get our investment back, and he is a pig! Anthony has paid off most of the mortgage, we could easily make our money back selling his unit... and he does not stink like that Bill guy...

See how it works?

Comment

thing is: it is mathmatically impossible to save enough money. Money is not made to be saved and it never is. its just a question of who uses the money. Do you know what would happen if you actually "saved money." Inflation. So lets say we both have 100 dollars from 1964 the year I was born. Do you know how much interest you would have to make just to make even and have those 1964 dollars equal their original value?

100 dollars from that time has the same purcahsing power of 813 dollars. Instead of saving the money has to be constantly reinvested. they brainwash people horribly. AS far as lifestyle and money? spending money on luxuries is just very expensive. I travel back and fourth to San Francisco from Baltimore constantly. I get the cheapest tickets I can on line...do you know how overpriced first class is on a plane? If these idiots would not buy it they would have to accomodate everyone better.

What gets people in trouble is all the hidden taxes and costs of owning status symbols. Floyd's watch for example, the taxes on that watch, the need for security when he wears that watch, etc.

Comment

Boxing’s popularity always has decreased in good times, and escalated in bad ones.

When professional boxing grows in popularity, it’s a sign of a dysfunctional society with increasing social inequalities.
                  Looking at the world today and where it’s heading to, I believe boxing will have a boost in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    Oscar is a good choice:

Gorgeous wife

Tonnes of money

Good looking

Intelligent and articulate

Left boxing with his faculties and a thriving promotional company

And not a bad career to look back on either!
                    so you like taking spatulas up your bumhole then ? Sure you want to be de la hoya ?

Comment

Sugar ray leonard - the most skilled fighter in history plus he also liked a bit of the old peruvian marching powder

Comment

Working...
                      X