No announcement yet.

The Problem AJ/Wilder and all other HW’s face against Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asotgod123 View Post
    Why is it interesting? It will go the same way all Wilder fights go. Usyk looks good for 2 - 3 rounds while Wilder finds his range. Wilder hits him and the match is over. Boxingscene becomes chaotic with a lot of complaint that Wilder was lucky instead of giving him his props that he was calibrating/setting the other guy up. Lol...
    Shhhhh... Don't break the magic for them

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      He clearly gassed against Ortiz in the middle rounds...
      But I agree that his stamina is better than a lot of the current HW’s however, I seriously doubt it allows him to cope with the pace Usyk fights at. The Ortiz fight was fought at a pretty slow pace early on and Wilder was noticeably tired after 6.

Big baby Miller���� the guy has never faced anyone who’s forced him to fight at any sort of intensity.
      Wilder was coming from a flu and got hit a lot in round seven. In normal circumstances he can go the 12 easily

Comment

Wilder has too much speed and reach for Usyk. Joshua's style seems built to fight southpaws so would be favored too. And Fury will just play around

Comment

Originally posted by Just looking View Post
          Wilder was coming from a flu and got hit a lot in round seven. In normal circumstances he can go the 12 easily
          They sound like excuses, I’m not doubting he can go 12, but there’s no way any of these 6”7+ guys can go 12 at Usyk’s pace...

Comment

Size is a huge element obviously but Usyk coped with it fine as an amateur. I remember watching him live against Joe Joyce and he completely stood him on his head over 5 rounds. I’m supremely confident Usyk is good enough to deal with the size disadvantage.
            The power is different though. I saw Wilder drop Stiverne with his guard up WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I agree. Wilder and AJ average throwing about 35 punches a round while Usyk averages throwing 70 punches a round.
              It's easy to throw 70 punches but very difficult to throw 70 punches a round and not eat punches back. All those high volume punchers against power punchers or defensively responsible fighters suddenly throw 30 a round.

If you boxed or even spared. you know that opening up means you are open to a counter. So when that counter is from a much bigger, harder hitting guy, you don't open up as much.

It's going to be khan vs Canelo. Khan got all that speed and skills but lights out.

Comment

You guys must be joking right? Boxing journalists I respect were talking this guy up like he was Floyd or Loma technically. I didn’t see any of that TBH. I saw a guy that threw a ton of wasteful jabs. A guy that got hit by a lot of right hands. I saw a guy that looked like an ordinary fighter to me. I don’t see any top HW struggling with this guy TBH.

Comment

They sound like excuses, I’m not doubting he can go 12, but there’s no way any of these 6”7+ guys can go 12 at Usyk’s pace...
                  Usyk will not keep that pace once he have to fight people with more reach than him, especially someone who is as fast as him and can KO him with one punch

Comment

Usyk boxes at an extremely high pace...
                    ...and he can do it for 12 rounds!

He also has fantastic ring IQ and constantly puts pressure both physically and mentally on his opponents. On top of this he is far, far more skilled than these HW’s.

I use AJ and Wilder as examples because I believe both would be blowing out their asses after 5 or 6 rounds with Usyk.
                    They will have to be aggressive early and hope to KO, hurt or cause sustained damage to Usyk early on, or they will find themselves in deep trouble come the second half of the fight. However, Usyk’s skill level and ring IQ makes that a lot easier said than done.

Usyk is gonna be a nightmare for these HW’s...
                    I agree just so long as he keeps his legs intact and he is not too heavy, in order to neutralize his speed advantage; Then yes, he should be able to do just fine. However, keep in mind that he is already 31 years of age. That's kind of old for an athlete in general and an undersized heavyweight in particular, without a huge punch, who relies heavily on quickness, mobility and agility.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      I agree just so long as he keeps his legs intact and he is not too heavy, in order to neutralize his speed advantage; Then yes, he should be able to do just fine. However, keep in mind that he is already 31 years of age. That's kind of old for an athlete in general and an undersized heavyweight in particular, without a huge punch, who relies heavily on quickness, mobility and agility.
                      Good point about his age, he’s an exceptional athlete but time isn’t exactly on his side

Comment

Working...
                      X