Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: No Challenge Too Big for Mikey Garcia, Not Even Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
    Exactly! As much as I like Mikey Garcia, I would advise him to avoid 147 altogether. Weight classes exist for a reason.
    You're right Bro... He may beat some of the welterweights but i doubt he would find success against the elites

Comment

Originally posted by 7not8 View Post
      Can't argue with that man. I have to say that I forgot about the fact that Golden Boy wanted him to sign for the Cotto fight and you're also right about that Mayweather payday. It was almost a win win situation with the mayweather ticket because you get your best payday ever and if you perform remotely well against him then your stock raises from that point on if you're not towards the end of your career.

Mikey is building himself up for those big paydays down the line by capturing all these titles in different divisions and he definitely isn't a fool when it comes to making the most money before he exits the sport. Honestly, his business moves are reminding me of Mayweather when he was "Pretty Boy Floyd", win in dominate fashion to make your net worth go up and then have that defining fight that transcends you to boxing super stardom/must watch TV.
      He is not following the Pbf blueprint. Mikey is 38 fights in and his best win is against washed up Broner. By Floyds 38th fight he was already fighting on ppv, Mikey is nowhere near fighting on ppv yet. Mikey isnt building himself up for any big payday, if anything he took a step backwards with the Lipinets fight. Lipinets is a bum and Mikey barely beat him. The only ppv fight out there for mikey at all is loma and you can bet your life Garcia will do everything to avoid him

Comment

Funnily the laughable marketing campaign for Mikey works. Keep talking about the Cottos, the Pacquiaos, the Lomachenkos, the Spences of the world and then step into the ring vs Zlaticanin, Lipinets and Easter. What a farce.

Comment

A good first test at 147 for Mikey would be Amir Khan or Danny Garcia. He should stay away from Spence. There is no plausible scenario under which he beats Spence. The better fight in the meantime would be Lomachenko at 135. Despite his size advantage and considerable boxing skills, I don't think Mikey can beat Loma. Mikey would look like a stationary target. Besides, he totally lacks head movement. It would be an easy fight for Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I don’t like to persuade fighters to duck a fight, but in this instance I will. Don’t fight spence right away. Build yourself first physically before fighting someone like him at 147.
            Yep, Garcia is good, but imo not great, Spence will hurt him... Crawford will obliterate him.

Comment

Easy for schhhhitter to say! He is not the one in the ring getting hit...
              147 is a very dangerous animal! Mikey really needs to think this thru..
              I mean is not like algieri has a belt.

Comment

The name dropper back at it again. This dude is such a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  Funnily the laughable marketing campaign for Mikey works. Keep talking about the Cottos, the Pacquiaos, the Lomachenkos, the Spences of the world and then step into the ring vs Zlaticanin, Lipinets and Easter. What a farce.
                  lol true, then you get the suckers who give him props for spewing his typical nonsense. He has no intentions to fight anybody good.

Comment

Tell the cherry picker to fight Prograis at 140 and he won't ever make it to 147 to get the **** beat out of him by Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      lol true, then you get the suckers who give him props for spewing his typical nonsense. He has no intentions to fight anybody good.
                      Agreed. However I think Easter would beat his ass Lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X