Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the good boxing prospects participating in the 2016 olympic games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the good boxing prospects participating in the 2016 olympic games

The only name I have heard so far is Cameron F Awesome, A Heavyweight from the United States. If he goes pro afterwards, Hopefully, he becomes an awesome heavyweight contender.

Robeisy Ramirez - Cuba

Comment

Kazakhstan-Zhanibek Alimkhanuly 22 years old, 2013 World Amateur Champion at Middleweight
      - Daniyar Yeleussinov 24 years old, 2013 World Amateur Champion at Welterweight

These two are my favorite amateurs currently, hopefully they turn pro. No offense to anyone but the American team sucks this Olympic cycle. Nobody to really talk about and I'm confident America will be left without a Medal once again these Olympics just like in 2012; difference is that in 2012 America had some good fighters that would do great in the pros, I just don't see a lot of talent this time around tbh.

I also love watching Lazaro Alvarez of Cuba, but probably won't go pro for obvious reason, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Robeisy Ramirez - Cuba
        We already know that one, and most of the other cubans as well. Hopefully everything by then is taken care of regarding the embargo. These talented cubans need contracts.

Comment

Carlos Balderas Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
            Kazakhstan-Zhanibek Alimkhanuly 22 years old, 2013 World Amateur Champion at Middleweight
            - Daniyar Yeleussinov 24 years old, 2013 World Amateur Champion at Welterweight

These two are my favorite amateurs currently, hopefully they turn pro. No offense to anyone but the American team sucks this Olympic cycle. Nobody to really talk about and I'm confident America will be left without a Medal once again these Olympics just like in 2012; difference is that in 2012 America had some good fighters that would do great in the pros, I just don't see a lot of talent this time around tbh.

I also love watching Lazaro Alvarez of Cuba, but probably won't go pro for obvious reason, unfortunately.

Will he go pro if everything regarding the embargo is taken care of by then.

2012 was really only about Lomachenko, Joshua, and Murata. Spence was our best olympian. But no one thought that Spence, Valdez, and Verdejo would be at where they are at today. Lomachenko and Joshua are solid. You rarely see the mexican fighters or rican fighters go far because their style isn't matched to the olympic game.

The biggest name so far on the US Team is Cameron F Awesome.

I am eager to find out if Japan has someone good this year. I am sure they will have some great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
              Will he go pro if everything regarding the embargo is taken care of by then.

2012 was really only about Lomachenko, Joshua, and Murata. Spence was our best olympian. But no one thought that Spence, Valdez, and Verdejo would be at where they are at today. Lomachenko and Joshua are solid. You rarely see the mexican fighters or rican fighters go far because their style isn't matched to the olympic game.

The biggest name so far on the US Team is Cameron F Awesome.

I am eager to find out if Japan has someone good this year. I am sure they will have some great fighters.
              I remember the AIBA wanted to "protect" Cuban boxers from Professional Promoters, so I don't know if these guys will have a chance to turn pro. Which is a shame because they are so talented, you have guys like: Alvarez, Ramirez (I heard he's loosing dedication tho), Iglesias and Toledo.

Yeah, Cam F. Awesome is probably the only upgrade from the 2012 US team regarding division. Awesome>Breazeale
              In every other division, I would take the 2012 US olympians over the top US amateur fighters right now.
              Someone mentioned Balderas, he's ok. I saw all his fights in the WSB and he looked good when he fought lower level amateurs but once he stepped up against Albert Selimov, he looked silly (was even starting to get beat up in there).
              I think Jose Ramirez (the US lightweight representative from 2012 is way better than Balderas tbh).

Mexico has a surprisingly good team this cycle. Puerto Rico has a good one in Jeyvier Cintron. I have not heard of any Japanese boxers in the amateurs rankings right now. There is a guy named Hinata Maruta, who is apparently a beast (never personally seen him tho), but he will turn pro later this year so look out for him.
              Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 05-08-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                I remember the AIBA wanted to "protect" Cuban boxers from Professional Promoters, so I don't know if these guys will have a chance to turn pro. Which is a shame because they are so talented, you have guys like: Alvarez, Ramirez (I heard he's loosing dedication tho), Iglesias and Toledo.

Yeah, Cam F. Awesome is probably the only upgrade from the 2012 US team regarding division. Awesome>Breazeale
                In every other division, I would take the 2012 US olympians over the top US amateur fighters right now.
                Someone mentioned Balderas, he's ok. I saw all his fights in the WSB and he looked good when he fought lower level amateurs but once he stepped up against Albert Selimov, he looked silly (was even starting to get beat up in there).
                I think Jose Ramirez (the US lightweight representative from 2012 is way better than Balderas tbh).

Mexico has a surprisingly good team this cycle. Puerto Rico has a good one in Jeyvier Cintron. I have not heard of any Japanese boxers in the amateurs rankings right now. There is a guy named Hinata Maruta, who is apparently a beast (never personally seen him tho), but he will turn pro later this year so look out for him.
                I think some Cubans may go pro, ONLY IF, the embargo is settled. The AIBA can't control them, can they? But I believe all the ones on the cuban want to win their medals and then go pro.

Is Hinata Maruta the only one that is good. I just searched him up and they call him the Next Naoya Inoue. If you are already being compared to Naoya Inoue, That must mean he is something special.
                Last edited by Build That Wall; 05-08-2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

You talking about Lenroy Thompson? I was like who the **** is "Cameron F. Awesome" LMFAO but yeah Lenroy Thompson is solid I use to hear about him beating guys like Bryant Jennings back in 2008 I think it was? But Michael Hunter had his number though even though one of their matches Hunter had Illegal Wraps or something so it got overturned but back then Hunter was clearly the more skilled and better overall fighter

Anyway but watching a lot of Boxing World Series on youtube, Cubans will dominate these coming Olympics in Brazil, also KAZAKHSTAN, not sure what is going on in KAZAKHSTAN lol but in the World Series Of Boxing they have some damn good fighters coming up. GGG is just the Beginning!

Vassiliy Levit- Kazakhstan and Erilandy Savon-Cuban (Robbed vs Joshua last year, should be one of if not the favorites in 2016) for the Heavyweights!

Flip Hrgovic- Croatia, Lenier Eunice Pero- Cuba, Joseph Joyce- Great Britain, Cameron F. Awesome- USA for Super Heavyweight Division

Others to watch: Julio Cesar La Cruz- Cuba, Petr Khamukov- Russia, Mohammed Rabii- Morocco, Radzhab Butaev- Russia, Raul Curiel Garcial- Mexico, Joselito Velazquez Altamirano- Mexico, Robeisy Eloy Ramírez Carrazana- Cuba (should win another Gold Easily), Jesus Cintron Ocasio- Puerto Rico

Not Sure if this class is a talented at 2012 Olympics which had Lomachenko, Erroll Spence Jr, Anthony Joshua and guys like that but should produce some good pros as well

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    You talking about Lenroy Thompson? I was like who the **** is "Cameron F. Awesome" LMFAO but yeah Lenroy Thompson is solid I use to hear about him beating guys like Bryant Jennings back in 2008 I think it was? But Michael Hunter had his number though even though one of their matches Hunter had Illegal Wraps or something so it got overturned but back then Hunter was clearly the more skilled and better overall fighter

Anyway but watching a lot of Boxing World Series on youtube, Cubans will dominate these coming Olympics in Brazil, also KAZAKHSTAN, not sure what is going on in KAZAKHSTAN lol but in the World Series Of Boxing they have some damn good fighters coming up. GGG is just the Beginning!

Vassiliy Levit- Kazakhstan and Erilandy Savon-Cuban (Robbed vs Joshua last year, should be one of if not the favorites in 2016) for the Heavyweights!

Flip Hrgovic- Croatia, Lenier Eunice Pero- Cuba, Joseph Joyce- Great Britain, Cameron F. Awesome- USA for Super Heavyweight Division

Others to watch: Julio Cesar La Cruz- Cuba, Petr Khamukov- Russia, Mohammed Rabii- Morocco, Radzhab Butaev- Russia, Raul Curiel Garcial- Mexico, Joselito Velazquez Altamirano- Mexico, Robeisy Eloy Ramírez Carrazana- Cuba (should win another Gold Easily), Jesus Cintron Ocasio- Puerto Rico

Not Sure if this class is a talented at 2012 Olympics which had Lomachenko, Erroll Spence Jr, Anthony Joshua and guys like that but should produce some good pros as well
                    How do you think Erislandy Savon would do in the Pro's.

Comment

Working...
                    X