Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios is The only Real Exciting Boxer in the sport today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    He won his first fight at 140 in very exciting fashion against a quality junior welterweight. He won't for some reason be less exciting at 140.

Come on TS, there's a lot of very exciting fighters out there. Hell, Rios may not be the most exciting fighter in his division. Think about how unpredictable and exciting Amir Khan's fights can be. Its not very often he's in a fight that's anything other than fun to watch.
    Malignaggi/McCloskey/Judah/Molina, I wouldn't classify those as "exciting". I think Rios is the most exciting fighter in his division because he has just enough skill (infighting) and tons of toughness to complement it. IMHO, the only entertaining part about Khan's fights is the anticipation of him getting put on the canvas. Sure, seeing him stumble around is pretty entertaining too lol

Matthysse is a bit more skilled, a bit more effective and doesn't get hit as often or as flush as Rios does, hence why I don't think he's as entertaining.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 02-15-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

He's exciting, not doubt about that BUT he probably isn't even the most exciting boxer in his own division, let alone the entire boxing industry.

Comment

There's many exciting fighters, Rios is one of them but he's far from the only one.

Comment

Exciting fighter but not the only exciting fighter not sure if trolling

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Malignaggi/McCloskey/Judah/Molina, I wouldn't classify those as "exciting". I think Rios is the most exciting fighter in his division because he has just enough skill (infighting) and tons of toughness to complement it. IMHO, the only entertaining part about Khan's fights is the anticipation of him getting put on the canvas. Sure, seeing him stumble around is pretty entertaining too lol

Matthysse is a bit more skilled, a bit more effective and doesn't get hit as often or as flush as Rios does, hence why I don't think he's as entertaining.
            I thought Judah was entertaining, and Malignaggi and Molina weren't boring or anything. Khan also has Maidana, Peterson, and Garcia in recent memory, all good fights. The combination of his speed, chin, and willingness to fight almost always makes him entertaining to me.

I'd love to see Khan/Rios.

Comment

If you call getting hit by almost every punch your opponent throws at you exciting, then yes!!!! As soon as they throw a guy in there with half decent boxing skills he will get outboxed badly!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I thought Judah was entertaining, and Malignaggi and Molina weren't boring or anything. Khan also has Maidana, Peterson, and Garcia in recent memory, all good fights. The combination of his speed, chin, and willingness to fight almost always makes him entertaining to me.

I'd love to see Khan/Rios.
                Judah/Malignaggi/Molina were a bit too one-sided for me to find entertaining imo. I'm not saying he's boring (clearly not), but if both guys were fighting similar caliber opponents on the same night and I could only watch one, I would choose Rios. Rios wants to get hit and could potentially absorb your best shot. On the other hand, Khan's style lends to him getting caught unexpectedly and his chin/punch resistance isn't that great.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 02-15-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .Boxeo. View Post
                  Brandon Rios is The only Real Exciting Boxer in the sport today!

Followed by probably Mares or Chavez jr.

Hands down.
                  If you like caveman style boxing.

Comment

exciting =/= good

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                      If you like caveman style boxing.
                      I guess alot of people who ar all who I quoted, he had FOTYin the bag till marquez came along, and even in this thread people are argreeing.

so you sound like a hater with a vendetta against him, you probably ones of those guys still butthurt over the whole abril scandal.

Comment

Working...
                      X