Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think Broner would beat Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rios-Broner will be like Mayweather-Hatton. You would THINK Rios is the better infighter, but Broner would beat Rios at his own game.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Rios-Broner will be like Mayweather-Hatton. You would THINK Rios is the better infighter, but Broner would beat Rios at his own game.
      Hilarious comparison. I'll take as humor, nothing more. If you are serious, the only thing I'll say is that Broner wouldn't have the size advantage that Floyd had over Ricky and the fact that Rios is in his prime and naturally bigger than Broner. No check hook KO's to an undersized fighters chin in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
        I disagree. I don't think he was overly effective at doing it and he didn't stick with it because Rios was wearing him out. Alvarado is not a boxer by nature, hes a puncher. Hell Prescott was looking like Robinson against Alvarado and Prescott is as stiff as they come. I think you are confusing "jabbing and boxing" with just taking a few steps back to get more leverage and space to load up on even more power shots and flicking a lazy jab out every now and then, which is all that Alvarado did. That is not boxing.
        Rios was visibly weary at the time of stopping Alvarado too. He was breathing VERY heavy by round 5, he just had the chin to see him through. Broner would beat his ass, and I'm no Broner fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          That's a joke I presume?

Comment

I think broner Kos rios fairly easily. If not he outboxes the ish out of him. Lets not forget the way abril skooled that boy. Broner tears rios up on the inside. He is too wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
              Rios was visibly weary at the time of stopping Alvarado too. He was breathing VERY heavy by round 5, he just had the chin to see him through. Broner would beat his ass, and I'm no Broner fan.
              If that's the case, then why was the momentum in his favor and why was Alvarado tiring out?? He was simply getting his second wind, the man was throwing power shots all fight long. Saying he was "weary" is stretching the truth.

Comment

I like rios as much as the next guy... but lets not act like alvarado is the measuring stick for how good rios can do against a good boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
                  I like rios as much as the next guy... but lets not act like alvarado is the measuring stick for how good rios can do against a good boxer.
                  I'd say Acosta would be a better comparison than Alvarado simply because he actually boxed and circled Rios, forcing him to cut the ring down and he showed him more than one styles. For anyone who think Rios would be easy for any skilled boxer, they should watch that fight. Now mind you, early on when Acosta is circling Rios, hes throwing massive power shots. That fight made me a believer in Rios.
                  Last edited by slicksouthpaw16; 11-21-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post

This part suggests to me that you haven't seen a lot of Rios fights. If you had, then you would have automatically known that hes fought several boxer/movers in the past. That's why i think people should watch tapes before they make predictions, unless they're just randomly picking who they WANT to win.

Comment

Brandon would walk him down pressure him like never before and KO him. I really would LOVE to see this fight! Great clash of styles, we'd really see what Broner's made of in this one.. I just don't know how talented he is with the cupcakes he's been fighting guys that can't punch. Brandon would show him things he's never seen!

Comment

Working...
                      X