No announcement yet.

Floyd fans justifying floyd's performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    fake scenarios?????? so you didnt see all the post about how brook exposed ggg defense??? why does it bother you?
    You specifically evaded my point, which is that you fabricated the idea that Floyd fans are saying that Floyd let Connor hit him in the same way that GGG fans say he let Brook do it.
    1) You can't answer who these supposed fans are.
    2) Floyd had 3 feeling-out rounds, which he often does, where he gets a feel how the opponent is going to come at him and respond to his movements. Golovkin tried to box w/ Brook and when that wasn't working out, he switched to beating the shyt out of him. These are two different things and everyone understands that except for you.

Learn the sport and you'll not only understand the difference, you won't have to make up fake topics.

Comment

Thread starter is the guy that said Mayweather would be the same size as McGregor in the ring. He also thinks you have to starve yourself for the scale to move half a pound a day later. He's a full blown ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus1 View Post
        Floyd hasn't been able to end anyone in ten years, that how **** McTapOut is, a 40 year old over the hill has been stopped him.
        That's correct. Conor isn't shyt, but Floyd chose him for an easy 50th win. Too bad he didn't take on a real challenge. But good to hear you admit Conor was overmatched from the word go.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          You specifically evaded my point, which is that you fabricated the idea that Floyd fans are saying that Floyd let Connor hit him in the same way that GGG fans say he let Brook do it.
          1) You can't answer who these supposed fans are.
          2) Floyd had 3 feeling-out rounds, which he often does, where he gets a feel how the opponent is going to come at him and respond to his movements. Golovkin tried to box w/ Brook and when that wasn't working out, he switched to beating the shyt out of him. These are two different things and everyone understands that except for you.

Learn the sport and you'll not only understand the difference, you won't have to make up fake topics.
          huge BS...GGG tried to take brook's head off from the get go here's your proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Er2xrikDfM

the difference is that GGG did it methodiclly as oppose to floyd just following mac greggor in a straight line like an amateur

to be fair , floyd is not a pressure fighter

now, get off your high horse!

Comment

Floyd fan here. Floyd looked like ****. He's done, cooked, finished!

Conor won 3 rounds against the self proclaimed "best ever".

Be serious...

Floyd did not "let" Conor hit him or "let" Conor win rounds. Conor was 2-3 weight classes larger than Floyd and had massive reach advantage which helped a ton early. Conor's counter uppercut in the 1st was beautiful too. Conor's activity alone won him the 3rd and 5th on my card. After 6 I had it 3-3 although Floyd took over from there, but it was mostly fatigue that won it...not TBE skills (which we're accustomed to seeing).

Also Conor hurt Floyd in the 9th in a way I've never seen him hurt before.

With that being said I think most of it was because Floyd is 40 and closer to 41. Conor is an unbelievable athlete for sure, but there are many boxers who would've made it look much, much worse

Comment

This was always going to be a situation where if Floyd lost rounds he would be discredited. He lost 4 rounds to me, but he got the job done so I'm fine with it. Conor was awkward in spots. He was able to land the jab and some counter uppercuts from his length.

None of that matters. He was beaten up and stopped. Conor landed maybe 3 big punches all fight. I'm just salty Byrd didn't let us see Conor truly knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                Floyd fan here. Floyd looked like ****. He's done, cooked, finished!

Conor won 3 rounds against the self proclaimed "best ever".

Be serious...

Floyd did not "let" Conor hit him or "let" Conor win rounds. Conor was 2-3 weight classes larger than Floyd and had massive reach advantage which helped a ton early. Conor's counter uppercut in the 1st was beautiful too. Conor's activity alone won him the 3rd and 5th on my card. After 6 I had it 3-3 although Floyd took over from there, but it was mostly fatigue that won it...not TBE skills (which we're accustomed to seeing).

Also Conor hurt Floyd in the 9th in a way I've never seen him hurt before.

With that being said I think most of it was because Floyd is 40 and closer to 41. Conor is an unbelievable athlete for sure, but there are many boxers who would've made it look much, much worse
                Floyd was not hurt there at all. He was trying to sell a low blow that wasn't low. He was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                  huge BS...GGG tried to take brook's head off from the get go here's your proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Er2xrikDfM

the difference is that GGG did it methodiclly as oppose to floyd just following mac greggor in a straight line like an amateur

to be fair , floyd is not a pressure fighter

now, get off your high horse!
                  lol "proof". Didn't click but if you couldn't tell what was going on in watching that fight, you shouldn't be arguing about this shyt online. Clear as day he tried to box, but Brook was doing alright and even getting in good shots so Golovkin "turned it into a street fight" as all the Golovkin fans like to say about that fight.

GG/Book and Floyd/Connor are two very different fights. Floyd even said the gameplan the whole time was to let him wear himself down.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    Floyd was not hurt there at all. He was trying to sell a low blow that wasn't low. He was fine.
                    The way his right legged moved was natural and not acting (at least I dont believe). Hell Floyd took Maidana's overhand counter and Pac's straight left better than that body shot.

Conor had his moments and that was not my imagination.

Again I have Floyd top 20 all-time, but he is not no TBE lol

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      lol "proof". Didn't click but if you couldn't tell what was going on in watching that fight, you shouldn't be arguing about this shyt online. Clear as day he tried to box, but Brook was doing alright and even getting in good shots so Golovkin "turned it into a street fight" as all the Golovkin fans like to say about that fight.

GG/Book and Floyd/Connor are two very different fights. Floyd even said the gameplan the whole time was to let him wear himself down.
                      oh gawwd.. i provided proof that way people who read this can see how full of **** some people are on these boards...carry on tho , mr learn the sport lol

Comment

Working...
                      X