Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Change never comes about by being quiet. And it still doesn't change that 3 out of his last 4 have been incredibly undeserving. Should that just be ignored?
    Roy Jones seemed to fight an endless line of nohopers. Chavez also. Going back further Roberto Durán fought his string of cans during his LW days.

If anything the state of the game has gotten worse with more alphabet boys and several Champions of each organization.

Singling out Wlad instead of making the thread about the general level of world title challengers gives the appearance of you, given your history, continuosly trolling the klits, instead of attacking the issue. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      If those were the choices in the bold then it was worded badly and doesn't make much sense. Voting no in the original poll is a double negative, which is generally avoided in proper writing. The "no, Pianeta is not worthy" is unnecessary. Shouldn't it be "no, he is worthy of fighting for a title?"
      "At the moment" distinguishes the first and second choices from being a double negative. Doesn't matter though, we all know why it was changed. Does anyone really think mods or admins should just change people's polls because the don't like how its worded?

Comment

Shouldn't be a fight at all. The division is weak but the Klitschko's still feel the need to seek out even worse opponents. Fights like a pu55y and chooses opponents that shouldn't even be in consideration, that's why Wlad is hated and he deserves all the hate he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Roy Jones seemed to fight an endless line of nohopers. Chavez also. Going back further Roberto Durán fought his string of cans during his LW days.

If anything the state of the game has gotten worse with more alphabet boys and several Champions of each organization.

Singling out Wlad instead of making the thread about the general level of world title challengers gives the appearance of you, given your history, continuosly trolling the klits, instead of attacking the issue. Correct me if I'm wrong.
          Yes, you're wrong. Trolling the klits would be saying the suck or that this is happening because Wlad is ducking fighters. I mean seriously, did I point out something that was untrue? If not maybe you just don't like seeing the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Yes, you're wrong. Trolling the klits would be saying the suck or that this is happening because Wlad is ducking fighters. I mean seriously, did I point out something that was untrue? If not maybe you just don't like seeing the truth.
            The truth about this thread is that you, for reasons unknown, holds Wlad to a higher standard than fighters of yesteryear.

Comment

The truth about this thread is that you, for reasons unknown, holds Wlad to a higher standard than fighters of yesteryear.
              Really? How so? This isn't a thread about other fighters, its a thread about Wlad and Pianeta. Feel free to link us to any post where I've ever condoned this kind of mismatch though at any time in history. Its kind of funny though because in Freedoms thread you question the validity of this fight. Here you're accusing me of trolling for doing the same thing.

Comment

If you're fighting Wlad, and then defeat Wlad, and then don't get his belts, I think you'd feel a bit buttfucked.

Comment

Jones fought mandatory after mandatory, top contender after top contender...after he had already beaten ATG's, pound for pounders and future Hall of Famers. No comparison at all.

Comment

Putting Wlad Klitschko in the same sentence Roy Jones, Chavez Sr. & Roberto Duran should be BAN-worthy. Or at the very least, should result in the restriction of one's posting privileges.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                      If you're fighting Wlad, and then defeat Wlad, and then don't get his belts, I think you'd feel a bit buttfucked.
                      Why? You'd have the recognition of beating the best, you'd be the lineal champion and you wouldn't have to pay the ridiculous sanctioning fees. Remember, fighters make belts, belts don't make fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X