No announcement yet.

Why do some MMAers hate Ariel Helwani ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexbr View Post
    I'de rather see that over a boring interview anyday of the week.
    That's all well and good, but it does say something about your level of intelligence and/or level of knowledgeablity as a fan if you'd rather see some wannabe hipster joker ask questions based on internet lulz (which more often than not the fighters themselves are not even in on) than actually discuss substantive matters.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Helwani.

He's a UFC journalist, not MMA

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        That's all well and good, but it does say something about your level of intelligence and/or level of knowledgeablity as a fan if you'd rather see some wannabe hipster joker ask questions based on internet lulz (which more often than not the fighters themselves are not even in on) than actually discuss substantive matters.
        Like asking cliche redundant questions like

"are you excited about this fight?"
        "what was the training camp like?"
        "how tough is your opponent?"
        "you're opponent does this well, how will you counter that?"
        "what is your gameplan for this fight?"

Ariel is a lot better than a LOT of other MMA reporters who ask the same stupid questions and get the same stupid answers.

He doesn't ask questions purely based on internet lulz. There may be one in an interview, but's it's not the entire basis of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          I'm not a fan of Helwani.

He's a UFC journalist, not MMA
          so covering SF and UFC makes him a UFC journalist... hmm

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
            Like asking cliche redundant questions like

"are you excited about this fight?"
            "what was the training camp like?"
            "how tough is your opponent?"
            "you're opponent does this well, how will you counter that?"
            "what is your gameplan for this fight?"

Ariel is a lot better than a LOT of other MMA reporters who ask the same stupid questions and get the same stupid answers.

He doesn't ask questions purely based on internet lulz. There may be one in an interview, but's it's not the entire basis of it.
            I agree with you completely. MMA "journalists" and "reporters" are compete shit.

Here's someone to check out who is actually worthwhile though:
            http://eddiegoldman.com/

Goldman has been in this game longer than anybody.

Comment

I don't like him becuz he asks stupid questions obviously trying to instigate. I'm not saying he does it with malicious intent, more so for hyping fights, but its still annoying when he does it.

Like for example I just watched a vid where Mayhem Miller was INDIRECTLY saying that he feels Nick Diaz was afraid of him. Ariel was basically trying to force Mayhem to up and say it directly as if the audience couldn't figure out what Mayhem was getting at. That came off purely like instigation, and even Mayhem was annoyed by it

Comment

Some of the fighters don't like him because he unintentionally poked several of them in the eye with his huge nose.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
                  Some of the fighters don't like him because he unintentionally poked several of them in the eye with his huge nose.

Comment

Working...
                  X