Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua 2-1 favorite to end Takam before round 5!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua 2-1 favorite to end Takam before round 5!!

Damn!! I think Takam is more durable than that, but I guess we'll find out, he's overall a 50-1 favorite, same odds as the Pulev fight

The house is getting smart and quickly realizing Joshua is the new M. Tyson of what will be very short fights even moreso bc he doesnt let fighters coast like Tyson did at times . I pick a 4th rnd win so the odds are very fair in what will be an improved Joshua which is why the smart bettors will take that risk bet of a fight ending before rnd 5 .

Also keep in mind he had Klitchko down in rnd 5 , hes not going to have to worry about rnds this time around now that he knows he can go late in a fight which means he will worry even less here against a far easier fighter to hit . .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-20-2017, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      The house is getting smart and quickly realizing Joshua is the new M. Tyson of what will be very short fights even moreso bc he doesnt let fighters coast like Tyson did at times . I pick a 4th rnd win so the odds are very fair in what will be an improved Joshua which is why the smart bettors will take that risk bet of a fight ending before rnd 5 .

Also keep in mind he had Klitchko down in rnd 5 , hes not going to have to worry about rnds this time around now that he knows he can go late in a fight which means he will worry even less here against a far easier fighter to hit . .
      Lets see, I think Takam is more durable and skilled than Breazeale who lasted 7, I think Joshua takes him 6-8, but I can see Joshua catching Takam with something big in the first 3 and ending it right there

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
        Lets see, I think Takam is more durable and skilled than Breazeale who lasted 7, I think Joshua takes him 6-8, but I can see Joshua catching Takam with something big in the first 3 and ending it right there
        Joshua toyed with Breazeale , he also had him wobbled half way across the ring ready to fall in rnd two . I actually think the referee saved Breazeale bc he for NO reason stepped in front of Joshua and you could see Joshuas face like "what are you doing " !

Comment

Povetkin is a hard puncher, and wasn't able to KO Takam until he was broken down and exhausted. I'd be surprised if Joshua can get get Takam out there that early.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
            Povetkin is a hard puncher, and wasn't able to KO Takam until he was broken down and exhausted. I'd be surprised if Joshua can get get Takam out there that early.
            Thats why I was shocked, I know that Takam doesn't have a chance with only 12 days notice but come on, he's not getting stopped in 4 rounds, this man has beaten the likes of Thompson and Perez, and I thought he edged out a 115-113/116-112 type victory against Parker, he can fight and he might even have a punchers chance against Joshua, this is AJ's best opponent behind Wlad

Comment

That awkward moment when the first time you hear of a fighter is when they are announced as a World Title challenger.

Comment

Huh. Betting on Takam to last longer than that sounds like a way to make that fight real fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  Thats why I was shocked, I know that Takam doesn't have a chance with only 12 days notice but come on, he's not getting stopped in 4 rounds, this man has beaten the likes of Thompson and Perez, and I thought he edged out a 115-113/116-112 type victory against Parker, he can fight and he might even have a punchers chance against Joshua, this is AJ's best opponent behind Wlad
                  Takam's team were told 12 weeks ago to be ready in case Pulev pulled out. They have been preparing and had a full camp. It's Joshua who has to fight Takam on 2 weeks notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    Takam's team were told 12 weeks ago to be ready in case Pulev pulled out. They have been preparing and had a full camp. It's Joshua who has to fight Takam on 2 weeks notice.
                    Every #2 contender gets a notice, but none of them get a check to properly prepare for the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X