No announcement yet.

My thoughts on the Canelo vs GGG Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    think its gonna look very similar to the first fight, cant really see either fighter being able to make too many adjustments. Dont know whether its age or not but GGG looks so much slower than he did a few years ago, that could just be cause hes loading up too much. I dont think hes gonna be able to get canelo out of there so i think he should go in there with the intention of winning rounds rather than landing that big shot.
    Ggg has definitely slowed down, and age is surely the culprit...unless he was on peds before. I also see it being a similar fight to the first, but I favor Canelo. All he needs to do is move his hands a bit more and he wins by decision. Of the adjustments both guys need to make, I feel like Canelo being a bit more busy is more likely than ggg applying even more pressure. His feet and hands are unlikely to suddenly be quicker. The speed deficit is too much for ggg to win a boxing match and canelo's defense is good enough to avoid getting caught with anything big imo...but I have been proven wrong before.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      Ggg has definitely slowed down, and age is surely the culprit...unless he was on peds before. I also see it being a similar fight to the first, but I favor Canelo. All he needs to do is move his hands a bit more and he wins by decision. Of the adjustments both guys need to make, I feel like Canelo being a bit more busy is more likely than ggg applying even more pressure. His feet and hands are unlikely to suddenly be quicker. The speed deficit is too much for ggg to win a boxing match and canelo's defense is good enough to avoid getting caught with anything big imo...but I have been proven wrong before.
      He already won a boxing match against Canelo. I don't see why he wouldn't do it again. All these 'Canelo Wins" predictions are based on Canelo improving and Golovkin remaining static. Golovkin left his body attack at home and still won the fight. I'm sure he will bring it and more early round pressure this time. I don't think this fight is going to boil down to Canelo being just a bit busier. He has to stay off the ropes and improve his stamina. If he does these things then yeah he has a good chance as long as Golovkin doesn't go to the body. I think it's going to be a real war. Personally I feel Canelo can't out box Golovkin. He can outspeed him but he can't out think him. I'm picking G to stop Canelo in the seventh round starting with a body attack and then head shots. I predicted that for the first fight so take it with a grain of salt. LOL..

Comment

Canelo is just coming into his prime, and he defends and moves well enough to pick his battles against Golovkin, who hasn't looked good (to me) since before the Monroe fight. Even when he finds himself against the ropes or in the corner, Canelo can get out hot water quickly against Golovkin if he needs to. Golovkin was unable to stay on him in the first fight, and the added months aren't going to improve the situation.

Also, the cards. Canelo/Goldenboy will always have that one judge who vastly prefers cute moves to effective aggression.

Canelo will win by UD, almost absolutely. In a close, fairly lame fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          He already won a boxing match against Canelo. I don't see why he wouldn't do it again. All these 'Canelo Wins" predictions are based on Canelo improving and Golovkin remaining static. Golovkin left his body attack at home and still won the fight. I'm sure he will bring it and more early round pressure this time. I don't think this fight is going to boil down to Canelo being just a bit busier. He has to stay off the ropes and improve his stamina. If he does these things then yeah he has a good chance as long as Golovkin doesn't go to the body. I think it's going to be a real war. Personally I feel Canelo can't out box Golovkin. He can outspeed him but he can't out think him. I'm picking G to stop Canelo in the seventh round starting with a body attack and then head shots. I predicted that for the first fight so take it with a grain of salt. LOL..
          Canelo winning and Canelo getting the win are 2 different things. He just about got the win last time when he lost. Lots of those rounds were marginal...if Canelo is busier, his flashier stuff will get those rounds. Ggg isn't getting any younger either...rematches like this almost always favor the younger fighter.

Comment

Working...
          X