Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your most favorite decade/era of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your most favorite decade/era of boxing?

Mine is a tie between the 1970s and 1980s.
    1930s
    0.00%
    1940s
    0.00%
    1950s
    0.00%
    1960s
    0.00%
    1970s
    26.09%
    1980s
    39.13%
    1990s
    13.04%
    Other decades
    21.74%

Without question the 80s, followed by the 2000s.

Comment

I voted "other decades", as I think the last two (2000s and 2010s) have been the best.
      Last edited by Bundana; 08-12-2018, 05:44 AM.

Comment

1920s - I get my hands on a time machine I'm sitting ringside at Dempsey-Firpo; going to MSG every week: Langford, Tunney, Greb, Mc Vea, Walker, Flowers, Jeannette, Loughran, Brennan, Leonard, Kansas, Miske, White, Tendler, Wills . . . gonna dress like Gatsby and get a fade-cut like Dempsey. Find a connection for the good stuff and remember to sell all my stock by late August.

I was around in the eighties, the only excitement came in bookends: Montreal (1980) and Japan (1990) the rest of the decade was a sleeper interrupted by MTV and Larry Holmes. (Yes, Tyson's run to the championship was boring to watch; no good fights.)

OK, Tommy Hearns as well, but he alone is not enough to make a decade. The 1920s is the place to go.

Comment

1980s. So many good fighters. Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Whittaker, Tyson, Pryor, Chavez, Holmes, Arguello, Mancini, Spinks.

Comment

Did you want our favorites or our most favorite? My most biggest regret is even answering this...

Comment

I believe boxing reached its highest peak in all weights in the 90s, it had so many HOF's and ATG's, classic fights etc. Not to mention modern quality footage which helps in the enjoyment of rewatching old fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                I believe boxing reached its highest peak in all weights in the 90s, it had so many HOF's and ATG's, classic fights etc. Not to mention modern quality footage which helps in the enjoyment of rewatching old fights.
                do you think it's starting to come back?

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
                  1980s. So many good fighters. Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Whittaker, Tyson, Pryor, Chavez, Holmes, Arguello, Mancini, Spinks.
                  Benitez , sanchez , gomez , lopez , braxton and so many more.
                  80's for me were the decade of legends

Comment

I gotta say now this decade has had some really great moments an just the fact that im liveing in this decade as a fan makes it better.

Comment

Working...
                    X