No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward just got away with a slick one.

Now, I agree that the fight was close again and had Kovalev up again when he got caught hard. But, he recovered and started taking low blows. The ref blew the call. He got hit directly on the Hublot badge right in front of his cup. It wasn't even borderline like commentary was saying. This was an early stoppage period. I'm disgusted at boxing once again.

The Rigo fight was another example of why instant replay really needs to be added to this sport. Let's take these old a55 idiots with questionable eyes out of the final decisions on these fighters lives.

Comment

• The man was bent over in pain and not defending himself. If the ref didnt call the punches low what is he supposed to do? Stop the fight, go to the replays, and allow the fight to continue.

Just give credit to Ward. Accept the loss and move on.

Comment

• Boxing logic you have no logic according to you every body shot was low and every head shot caused by illegal low shot sad hater Floyd you love though

Comment

• Kovalev fans still crying, Your boy quit! In the post fight interview he was half assed when asked for a rematch. Looked like he knew Ward has his number. Even if they fight the 3rd time, no way Kovalev makes it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
            Duva will say dirty fighting low blows cost Kovalev the fight investigation should be done rematch! Instead of losing humbly
            That sound pretty humble by Duva standards

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              Ward just got away with a slick one.

Now, I agree that the fight was close again and had Kovalev up again when he got caught hard. But, he recovered and started taking low blows. The ref blew the call. He got hit directly on the Hublot badge right in front of his cup. It wasn't even borderline like commentary was saying. This was an early stoppage period. I'm disgusted at boxing once again.

The Rigo fight was another example of why instant replay really needs to be added to this sport. Let's take these old a55 idiots with questionable eyes out of the final decisions on these fighters lives.

Didn't get away with anything way to many excuses give the man his credit

Comment

• Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                They weren't low blows. First one was to the belt line, the next two were too the stomach as he doubled over. As for the stoppage it's 50/50 Kovalev was doubled over pretty bad and stayed on the ground after it was all over and he didn't complain and admitted fault.

Remember what Foreman use to say about jabs to the pit of the stomach that Floyd use to employ???? If you look throughout the fight Ward was using Kovalev's Krusher symbol as a target and it was located in the pit of his stomach... That is a lost art Kovalev didn't know how to react.

Side note I was rooting for Ward but that commentary was Biased as ****.... worst I've ever heard.
                Yeah, I don't know what was going: Max and Jim did a complete 180 from the first fight where they were "clearly pro Kovalev" and "clearly pro Ward" tonight. While Lederman was his usual self: when in doubt, give the round to Kov!

Comment

• I have a perfect strategy for McGregor to shock the world with. Low blow then when Mayweather starts to hunch over hit him with and overhand right, and then three uppercuts to the nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
                    Do they even box in Ecuador??😂😂
                    Stop.
                    What does where i'm at gotta do with it - ******. 45 years watching boxing so go back to bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Ward landed low blows and Weeks called it off too early. I am thoroughly disgusted.
                      You a BIznaTCH and no one respects you. I bet women and money disgust you too. AND STILLLLLLLL

Comment

Working...
                      X