No announcement yet.

Why disrespect Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    This showed exactly what? Pacquiao didn't want a fairly easy fight vs Broner? Yeah okay, I mean eventually Bob said some stupid things like we will never fight someone that is as disrespectful as Broner blah blah. But they gave him a offer and he wanted even more. Which is his right I guess, but stop with him having Pacman refusing to fight him.
    Well, I wouldn't exactly say that Broner would be an easy fight for Pacquiao, but it would certainly be winnable. On the other hand, it wouldn't have surprised me too much if Broner ended up winning, though I lean more towards Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawnex View Post
      Well, I wouldn't exactly say that Broner would be an easy fight for Pacquiao, but it would certainly be winnable. On the other hand, it wouldn't have surprised me too much if Broner ended up winning, though I lean more towards Pacquiao.
      L-O-L no. It would have been easy for Paquiao. Broner wasn't going to be able to maul Pacquiao like Horn did, and he wouldn't have been able to deal with Pacquiao's style.

Comment

L-O-L no. It would have been easy for Paquiao. Broner wasn't going to be able to maul Pacquiao like Horn did, and he wouldn't have been able to deal with Pacquiao's style.
        All the guys Broner lost to possessed significant punching power that rocked Broner and took him out of his gameplan. Pacquiao does not possess that significant punching power.

I really doubt that Pacquiao would be able to do any serious damage to Broner at all, so it's not unthinkable that Broner would hit Pacquiao with a bomb sooner or later (Pacquiao doesn't exactly have what I would call an iron jaw).

I would lean 70% toward a Pacquiao decision win, 30% toward a Broner knockout win.

Comment

All the guys Broner lost to possessed significant punching power that rocked Broner and took him out of his gameplan. Pacquiao does not possess that significant punching power.

I really doubt that Pacquiao would be able to do any serious damage to Broner at all, so it's not unthinkable that Broner would hit Pacquiao with a bomb sooner or later (Pacquiao doesn't exactly have what I would call an iron jaw).

I would lean 70% toward a Pacquiao decision win, 30% toward a Broner knockout win.
          Broner landing a bomb? His power at 140 nor 147 is anything special. Sure he landed a sweet shot vs Porter, but overall Pacquiao definitely has more power. He's more explosive and more active. Broner wouldn't be able to get his shots off. That fight in 2016 when it was discussed would have been 90-10 in Pacquiao's favor. I may be nice giving him a 10% chance btw.

Comment

Broner landing a bomb? His power at 140 nor 147 is anything special. Sure he landed a sweet shot vs Porter, but overall Pacquiao definitely has more power. He's more explosive and more active. Broner wouldn't be able to get his shots off. That fight in 2016 when it was discussed would have been 90-10 in Pacquiao's favor. I may be nice giving him a 10% chance btw.
            Pacquiao has not knocked anyone out since 2009, and no, I don't count as a knockout that Matthysse decided to sit down and quit which has become a bad habit of his...

Broner had two knockouts wins recently, in 2015 and 2016, and the opponents that he doesn't stop tend to have iron jaws.

Pacquiao punches many more times than Broner does and yet scores less knockouts, so yeah, Broner definetely possess bigger one-punch power.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              I cant for the love of me remember the Vargas fight but entertaining fights has he been in recently? He was thoroughly beaten by Mikey in a one sided boring fight, the gRanados fight was ok from memory (but who cares about fighting no body opponents), the fights before that were all terrible too and you have to go back years to the Maidana fight to actually see some dog in Broners fight.
              Yeah. Broner talks a lot gets in the ring and doesn’t engage. He should have lost that granados fight. Once he moved up from 135 he’s been lack luster to say the least

Comment

Have to admit I like Broner.
                He's entertaining and if only he could let his hands go again he could be a decent threat.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken the Pacquiao fight didn't happen because Broner decided he wanted more money when they were getting close to a deal. Then Broner started tweeting that Arum needs to pay him more. Around the same time D.Garcia turned down a Manny fight.

I feel with Broner it's more that people have lost interest during the build up. You wonder if his fights will happen at all or if he will get himself in trouble before hand, if he will make weight etc. Also the fact if there is a controversial scorecard, it will be in his favour.
                  The 'only if he was focused' narrative is a little tired too, and sometimes a little disrespectful to guys who have beat/fought him. He didn't win those fights because he wasn't as the guy stood across from him.

I wouldn't hate on him, he's fought some good guys. I don't think he would duck anyone.
                  I don't find him very relevant these days though, at least resume wise. He does good numbers if im not mistaken, but he loses every time he steps up.
                  Last edited by Chrismart; 08-09-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Pacquiao has not knocked anyone out since 2009, and no, I don't count as a knockout that Matthysse decided to sit down and quit which has become a bad habit of his...

Broner had two knockouts wins recently, in 2015 and 2016, and the opponents that he doesn't stop tend to have iron jaws.

Pacquiao punches many more times than Broner does and yet scores less knockouts, so yeah, Broner definetely possess bigger one-punch power.
                    LOL what? Who has Broner stopped? Pacman may not have had a stoppage for a while, but he was still dropping or hurting damn near every opponent during that stretch.

And while Broner was drawing with Vargas? Pacaquiao was beating him easy. While Broner was struggling vs Gramados? Pacquiao was beating Bradley easy.

Comment

there are so many things wrong with your assessment lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X