Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on Golovkin's pandering to Mexicans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see any problem with him saying that. Mexican style is a distinct style of boxing that can be adapted by any fighter. He's not claiming to be Mexican. He admires that style, he's not trying to win over Mexican fans. If anything, it's a compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      I don't see any problem with him saying that. Mexican style is a distinct style of boxing that can be adapted by any fighter. He's not claiming to be Mexican. He admires that style, he's not trying to win over Mexican fans. If anything, it's a compliment.
      Golovkin: This is Real Mexican Fight - I Have Mexican Blood!

Comment

He should adopt a different Latin American nation that doesn't have a long boxing tradition. Say he has Peruvian, Guatemalian, or Paraguayan blood.

Comment

Originally posted by War Mayweather View Post
          when I see people do that I see someone with no self pride and no integrity. Type of dudes to suck dick if it helped their career, straight hoes!
          Your boyfriend didn't mind wearing a sombrero and Mexican coloured trunks, that's also pandering to the Mexican community

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I don't think he gave it that much thought. He just likes the way many Mexicans fight and compares his style to theirs. He comes to fight and constantly attack his opponents. He knows every Mexican wants Canelo to win.
            Couldn't agree more, everybody overthinking this

Comment

Originally posted by shape up View Post
              your boyfriend didn't mind wearing a sombrero and mexican coloured trunks, that's also pandering to the mexican community

Comment

hes a real mexican warrior with mexican blood.

Comment

I honestly think ggg just likes, admires and respects the Mexican boxing tradition, it has gotten tothe point tho where im starting to view ggg more as a Mexican than an asian Kazakh.

Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Doesn't bother me at all but it's kind of fun in a cringeworthy way. I never noticed Mexican fans being bothered by it. Probably because he goes in to put the pressure on in most fights so it''s not an insult and they got their entertainment from him.

Comment

My thoughts:

Comment

Working...
                      X