No announcement yet.

stress fractures on shins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stress fractures on shins

Hello, I was doing some research, I came across this issue runners have, it was called stress fractures on the shins, stress fractures is when bone starts to come off, I think due to the stress that occurred on the shin. They say to find out if you have this run your hand down your shin and press on certain areas to check for evenness and pain on certain places. I did so and found my shin bones was not even and it feels as if some parts are missing. I also get pain on certain areas if I press on it, I have not ran since I found this out, I have been doing cross trainer and I have been avoiding skipping also.

Have you ruled out simple shin splints?

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      Have you ruled out simple shin splints?
      Yes, I have rested for more than a month, the pain is on and off, the pain is on certain parts of the shin bone, I am certain it is stress fractures.

Comment

You likely have terrible shin splints. I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet.

You should know that most running shoes are only designed for 300-500 miles per pair. If you wear your running shoes on a daily basis and run with them, they can wear out as quickly as in 2 months.

Make sure you're wearing a good pair of shoes, have proper insoles, and aren't cheaping out on them. Shin splints for runners are normally the first sign that it's a pair of shoes' time to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
          You likely have terrible shin splints. I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet.

You should know that most running shoes are only designed for 300-500 miles per pair. If you wear your running shoes on a daily basis and run with them, they can wear out as quickly as in 2 months.

Make sure you're wearing a good pair of shoes, have proper insoles, and aren't cheaping out on them. Shin splints for runners are normally the first sign that it's a pair of shoes' time to go.
          ^^^educated answer^^^

Comment

Working...
          X