Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 02-24-2016, 12:16 AM #1
Interim Champion

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
stephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,072.32
Total Points: 7,895.92
No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 
Default Illness before a fight..effects it might have?

Fighting on Saturday night in a province championship, the Las 2days I have been feeling something coming on, went to the doctor today as I wasn't feeling great and I have tonsillitis..I'm after catching early before I got 2much of a fever and all the bullsit that comes with it..
Do ye think this has put my whole training down the drain??

I have fought with a hangover once or twice,ha, but this is flu like symptoms,hoping I'm better by Friday evening!!
stephenmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:35 AM #2
Shhhh...

Quoted: 428 Post(s)
BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,276.84
Total Points: 19,884.78
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov For schooling these cats about Maidana's defense. - punchr Something to wash that donut down. - punchr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenmc View Post
Fighting on Saturday night in a province championship, the Las 2days I have been feeling something coming on, went to the doctor today as I wasn't feeling great and I have tonsillitis..I'm after catching early before I got 2much of a fever and all the bullsit that comes with it..
Do ye think this has put my whole training down the drain??

I have fought with a hangover once or twice,ha, but this is flu like symptoms,hoping I'm better by Friday evening!!
Ahhh ****, that really sucks mate. Sorry to hear it. Drink a ****load of fluids, hopefully you're not having to lose weight or anything, and rest as much as possible. That's your only chance. A few days left, so if you try and kick it now it's possible that you'll be better by then. Might be feeling the after effects of it though...

The obvious effect it'll have is that you'll get tired much easier and feel fatigued quicker. You'll also sweat a lot more, so keep your intake up.

Good luck.
BennyST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:47 PM #3
Up and Comer

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
AHussain123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 6,219.00

I would increase water intake, I would also increase vitamin C and Vitamin D, I would take multi vitamins to ensure full recovery, get well soon brother and hope you kick ass in the ring
AHussain123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:34 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5774 Post(s)
Boxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxfan83 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,453.63
Total Points: 107,168.83
Cheers brother! - Redd Foxx No Message - DionysusX Good poster. Keep it up. - 1bad65 Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony Good threads lately. - GhostofDempsey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHussain123 View Post
I would increase water intake, I would also increase vitamin C and Vitamin D, I would take multi vitamins to ensure full recovery, get well soon brother and hope you kick ass in the ring
^^^this^^^ and start taking some garlic. You may smell but garlic has antibacterial agents in it. Best of luck and I hope you get well soon!
Boxfan83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:58 PM #5
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13813 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,031,831.14
Total Points: 1,092,523.92
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxfan83 View Post
^^^this^^^ and start taking some garlic. You may smell but garlic has antibacterial agents in it. Best of luck and I hope you get well soon!
Yes, garlic is very good.

It's pretty much up to your body to heal this though. Your immune system will function better if you get not only physical rest but mental too. For example, I ONLY get sick when I'm under great stress because my immune system weakens. Put yourself in as peaceful/tranquil a state as possible and give yourself a little extra boost via green drinks, vitamins, etc. You don't really improve your cardio any further in the last few days before the fight so rest up instead.

During the fight, your adrenaline will counter most of the ill-effects of the sickness, save for congestion. Be concerned about that and clear out your respiratory system before the fight if needed. Mucenex, vaporizer, etc. If your lungs are coated, you will run out of air quickly.
Redd Foxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:41 PM #6
Up and Comer

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
AHussain123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 6,219.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxfan83 View Post
I would like to add ginger as well, add some natural ingredients, would green tea be good as well.
AHussain123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:33 PM #7
Interim Champion

stephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks...
Some really good reply's here..
Just about better now, bit of a chest infection still their but getting their.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:03 AM #8
Up and Comer

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
MrMayhem is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,102.00

Damn that sucks. We have all fought sick before, just gotta suck it up and do your best. As Ronda Rousey would say "you should train to beat the best on your worst day, you should train to be the best while injured".
MrMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:16 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3681 Post(s)
El-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond reputeEl-blanco has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 23,395.00
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas bud! - TBear Happy Holidays bro. - BOXEO _ Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Outstanding posts regarding the HBO, PBC, Jacobs-GGG ordeal - Chollo Vista 
More drugs to fuel your pathetic addicted "life" - Omowale Tribe fuck kev lol - mortal24 You're Canadian now. You deserve a medal LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Thanks for the advice, hope to get back into lifting weights - hectari the latina thread, hnnnng - Santa_ 
For being a dumb ass - Chollo Vista to blow all that cocaine out your nose - Chollo Vista to blow all that cocaine out your nose - Chollo Vista Here's some lipstick for when you're sucking BBC - Chollo Vista Tissues to blow all that cocaine out your nose - Chollo Vista 
someone please kick the cocaine out his ass - Chollo Vista while you're sucking d1ck for coke - Chollo Vista lipstick while you're sucking d1ck for coke - Chollo Vista tissues for your mom's stanky a$$ pu$$y - Chollo Vista tissues so your mom can wipe BBC cum from her pu$$y - Chollo Vista 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

How'd you do?
El-blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:53 AM #10
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-blanco View Post
How'd you do?
Through to the next round next weekend
Thanks

Share This With Friends

Tags
fight..effects, have?, illness