Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 05-29-2019, 07:25 AM #41
Interim Champion

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
CauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 157,354.97
Total Points: 174,516.47
Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony Loma Ruins Lives - Tony Trick-Pony Stay cool, my brother - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPopescu View Post

As about "inconsistencies": the actual catastrophe and the immediate following actions in the area were far more horrific than depicted... (I guess that the series producers didn't have enough money... )...
Wow. That's interesting because a large consensus feels the depiction was quite graphic, realistic, dramatic, and difficult to watch or stomach. I suppose the psychological element they conveyed had some to do with that, but I'm not sure how much more graphic it could feel through film, without actually being there.

So they didn't have enough money to show how the surrounding AREA was physically effected ? By radiation ? Hysteria ? The explosion ? Sick people ?

Perhaps you mean like say, "War". No matter what is depicted on screen or how well produced, one can't truly comprehend the horror of it.
CauliflowerEars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:42 AM #42
Long Live Walt Liquor!!!!

Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,439.20
Total Points: 30,638.62
Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Merry Christmas Chief2ndzOnly! - TBear happy holidays to you and yours, old friend! - jazluvr Happy Xmas to you and Mrs Chief sir. - HughJass Merry Christmas to you and yours Chief - -jose- 
merry Christmas Chief! - Beercules Thanks, Bro! Marry Xmas to you - ROSS CALIFORNIA Sit back, have a beer, and have a wonderful Christmas good friend. - deanrw Happy New Year Chief and also to Mrs Chief. - HughJass thanks for the green my brotha from anotha, I couldn't green you back but here's a burger doe, just how you like it - -jose- 
and a beer to wash it down - -jose- Mix in a beer Chief and save that liver 4 later ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Here's a brew for no particular reason. :fing02: - Willy Wanker For my brutha Chief - -Mustang- everything ok Chief my brotha! thanks for asking...my mom passed away a month ago I'm still trying to believe is real otherwise we doing pretty good...hope you and your family are doing good...just waiting for that Cotto/Canelo clash :boxing: - -jose- 
:boxing: good to see you around Chief :usa2: - -jose- Happy Holidays bud - TBear :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas Chief2ndz - TBear for a Man of Honor - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingStained View Post
season 4 finished like a month ago already. go to reddit gomorrah and go find the post showing links to DL the eps. no need to pay for it with amazon.

bezos has enough money already.
I'mma go check it out season 1 & 2 where top shelf. One of my favorite shows tbh.
Chief2ndzOnly! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:47 AM #43

Chief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond reputeChief2ndzOnly! has a reputation beyond repute
Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Merry Christmas Chief2ndzOnly! - TBear happy holidays to you and yours, old friend! - jazluvr Happy Xmas to you and Mrs Chief sir. - HughJass Merry Christmas to you and yours Chief - -jose- 
merry Christmas Chief! - Beercules Thanks, Bro! Marry Xmas to you - ROSS CALIFORNIA Sit back, have a beer, and have a wonderful Christmas good friend. - deanrw Happy New Year Chief and also to Mrs Chief. - HughJass thanks for the green my brotha from anotha, I couldn't green you back but here's a burger doe, just how you like it - -jose- 
and a beer to wash it down - -jose- Mix in a beer Chief and save that liver 4 later ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Here's a brew for no particular reason. :fing02: - Willy Wanker For my brutha Chief - -Mustang- everything ok Chief my brotha! thanks for asking...my mom passed away a month ago I'm still trying to believe is real otherwise we doing pretty good...hope you and your family are doing good...just waiting for that Cotto/Canelo clash :boxing: - -jose- 
:boxing: good to see you around Chief :usa2: - -jose- Happy Holidays bud - TBear :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas Chief2ndz - TBear for a Man of Honor - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
Wow. That's interesting because a large consensus feels the depiction was quite graphic, realistic, dramatic, and difficult to watch or stomach. I suppose the psychological element they conveyed had some to do with that, but I'm not sure how much more graphic it could feel through film, without actually being there.

So they didn't have enough money to show how the surrounding AREA was physically effected ? By radiation ? Hysteria ? The explosion ? Sick people ?

Perhaps you mean like say, "War". No matter what is depicted on screen or how well produced, one can't truly comprehend the horror of it.
Maybe they'll focus more on the intricacies of what went down as the season progresses. I'm impressed with the show thus far.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:14 AM #44
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6582 Post(s)
MDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond reputeMDPopescu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,760,982.92
Total Points: 2,770,090.45
Thanks for the drink and I always buy a beer back ..respect - Steve plunger Good luck with your picks! - 1hourRun Cheers mate! - kafkod Great posts, sir - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight - -KULT- 
Cheers - Nomadic Cause pizza is great, I just had one - Mighty_Windir No Message - Dean_Razorback Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Cheers! - kafkod 
Cheers, bud - Pain~Lucy Have a beer! - CLUBBER! Great poster - Chrismart thanks for the points - Dean_Razorback Thx bro... - jaded 
Thanks! Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - GhostofDempsey Sláinte .. Good health :) - kafkod Cheers. No thanks but cheers. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony Thx - jaded 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - MDPopescu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Weltschmerz Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Turd Best Ever Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Turd Best Ever 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CauliflowerEars View Post

September 1986:
Liquidators clean the roof of reactor 3.
Initially, workers tried clearing the radioactive debris using West German, Japanese and Russian robots, but they could not cope with the extreme radiation levels, so the authorities decided to use humans. Employees could not stay any longer than 40 seconds any one time, before the radiation dose they received reached the maximum a human should receive in his entire life. Many liquidators have since died or suffer from severe health problems…

MDPopescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:40 AM #45
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
El Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,342.14
Total Points: 30,485.34
Hilarious Memes! Keep 'em Coming! - ƒearless good songs - Santa_ Nice pic comparison - Nomadic 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
Maybe they'll focus more on the intricacies of what went down as the season progresses. I'm impressed with the show thus far.
There's only 1 episode left
El Gitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:39 PM #46
Thunderdome POTY, 2019

Quoted: 2756 Post(s)
Pretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond reputePretty Boy32 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,213,300.84
Total Points: 1,305,171.31
No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N 
No Message - R E A S O N No Message - R E A S O N Fattin up your gifts Fam - The Gully Gad No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Happy holiday f@g! - led* No Message - RwK No Message - RwK Since you got no di.ck last night,here's a hotdog! - HughJass For the epic thread fail lol.This will make you happy. - HughJass 
Happy New Year!! All the best for 2016!! - Pretty Boy1 thanks for the fap material - Santa_ One of the GOAT posters - JK1700 Ginger Wigger wishes he was black lmfao - $Bullsfam$ Boxingscene's best. Give this man some respect. Drinks on me bruh - Chollo Vista 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Schism Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Kevin Jesus Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - killakali 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Artur Kyshenko Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 Autism - D.I.E.S.E.L 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPopescu View Post
(I live in Bucharest, Romania)... cityscapes, interiors, people (behavior and cloths) are as they were back then... A

As about "inconsistencies": the actual catastrophe and the immediate following actions in the area were far more horrific than depicted... (I guess that the series producers didn't have enough money... )...

Anyway, Craig Mazin did a great job at the "individual and group psychology" level... Stellan Skarsgård part is great as well...
I suggest listening to the podcast by HBO. They basically admit that they had to leave out the actual events as it would be too difficult for the viewers to believe it to be true.

Insane.
Pretty Boy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:15 PM #47
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
PRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,410.78
Total Points: 36,571.38

I was just reading that plants and nature, adapted themselves over time to the radiation 'Creating various proteins and enzymes to deal with the situation' power of nature.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-29-2019 at 06:20 PM.
PRINCEKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:16 PM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gitano View Post
There's only 1 episode left
What the hell is up with these short a$$ series. Doggone American gods was short too. We aint even gonna talk about GoT. Smh.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:42 PM #49
Banned

Quoted: 4540 Post(s)
SterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond reputeSterlingStained has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,548.99
Not quite the curved TV but the best I could do. - Mike D Great poster - jas Hilarious - jas The GGG Robe 2/5 - EXTREMELY rare. Given to very few who show warrior characteristics. The robe has a beautiful silhouette of myself against the sunset holding LarryX by his legs and he is not moving... - Golovkin Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
(Comments Thread For: Cotto's Adviser Says...) well said! - -jose- Hilarious - jas For #1 cuck award - HiLo Rudyo! Second Place Cuck award - HiLo Rudyo! Dani Jenson is a goddess - Santa_ 
Great Post! - eco1 one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. exposing the "media" and their true virtue - Tago Nang Tago Cheers to a quality poster! - BombZquad For exposing the ______ oligarchy - Sup 
We did it!!! MAGA!!! - krazyn8tive You are boxingscene's very best poster - Freedom2111 The old double standards...good post! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - HiLo Rudyo! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
Watching it now. It’s great to see Barry keoghan playing a part, such a talented actor. I knew him growing up, the guy has had such a difficult life.

Anyway, another great episode. Truly is a magnificent series.
i saw an article on online where they said that the show left out a lot of the brutal gruesome details because they thought people couldnt handle it and wouldnt believe it.

love that part about how the core site explosion is so radioactive that machines start to malfunction and cant work so they send out bio robots. gawd damn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
excellent show...depressing af but brilliantly written

i dont care that its a bunch of 'soviets' with brit accents
i do. i dont know why they just dont hire russian actors. or is that a no no in the age of trump??? this is an hbo show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
I'mma go check it out season 1 & 2 where top shelf. One of my favorite shows tbh.
id say gomorrah is on the same level as sopranos the wire when it comes to gangster crime dramas. season 3 was pretty good. not as good as the s1 and s2 but still very good. s4 is probably the weakest of all the seasons but still pretty good and still entertaining.
SterlingStained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:48 AM #50
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
El Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond reputeEl Gitano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,342.14
Total Points: 30,485.34
Hilarious Memes! Keep 'em Coming! - ƒearless good songs - Santa_ Nice pic comparison - Nomadic 

El Gitano is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
chernobyl, mini, series