Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz II A Done Deal, Eyed For September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    You're too blinded by your hatred of Wilder to think rationally
    Who did Ortiz beat and who has he fought?

Comment

• Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      Who screams "USA USA USA" and "MURICA" everywhere?

I don't think you know the meaning of nationalism. When it comes to the British identity, there isn't that much nationalism tbh.
      Actually I do. And no sir, anyone who had spent a significant amount of time in both the USA and the uk will recognise a much different mentality in terms of sports. Most of the US sports are internal....football, basketball, baseball, nascar, nhl, don’t involve an international aspect even in nhl and mlb, the sports here are city vs city. Boxing is about #8 on the important sports lists....while for the uk football, rugby, cricket, boxing etc are more of w country vs country issue. The most popular boxers in the USA last year where golovkin and Canelo, two non Americans....that should tell you something about boxing in the USA and in general the American mentality towards accepting people not born in the same country.
      How much experience do you have with the USA? Have you lived here? Studied here? I don’t know ANYONE who says “murica” save for people making fun of low rent white trash redneck types

Comment

Who did Ortiz beat and who has he fought?
        Who did Ruiz fight? Dimitrenko?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Actually I do. And no sir, anyone who had spent a significant amount of time in both the USA and the uk will recognise a much different mentality in terms of sports. Most of the US sports are internal....football, basketball, baseball, nascar, nhl, don’t involve an international aspect even in nhl and mlb, the sports here are city vs city. Boxing is about #8 on the important sports lists....while for the uk football, rugby, cricket, boxing etc are more of w country vs country issue. The most popular boxers in the USA last year where golovkin and Canelo, two non Americans....that should tell you something about boxing in the USA and in general the American mentality towards accepting people not born in the same country.
          How much experience do you have with the USA? Have you lived here? Studied here? I don’t know ANYONE who says “murica” save for people making fun of low rent white trash redneck types
          Apples and oranges, mate. You're comparing a country that doesn't really play global sports and has its own sports as the biggest sports within its shores, whilst declaring the winners of sports played amongst its own people "world champions". To a country that plays all inclusive global sports and doesn't really care about your nationality, as long as you're talented.

There's absolutely nothing more nationalistic than playing clannish sports amongst yourselves and calling winners "world champions", lol.

You'd have a point if it were about the different countries in the union. However, Josh has always represented being British from his amateur career, not English. And there isn't that much nationalism attached to being British. Yes, he has massive support all over the UK because he's a star and he represents the union. But stop harping on about nationalism when it isn't the case.

Nationalism is when Americans were screaming "USA USA USA" when Wilder fought Fury. How many Brits shouted "GREAT BRITAIN" or "UK"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Who did Ruiz fight? Dimitrenko?
            Same level as Ortiz but I believe he'll beat Ortiz.

Comment

• Broooo Who asked for this fight?

I get the whole extra recovery nonsense but the ending was pretty conclusive. As far as pointless rematches go only Kovalev vs Pascal beats this one.

Comment

• So let me get this straight... Wilder vs Ortiz was a great fight the first time. Fight was so close Wilder could possibly take the L this time. Very Dangerous for both men.

But some of the UK Man Fans show their arse in their reaction.

Remember... same type of great fight AJ vs Klitschko 2 and y’all are like yes let’s see it. Even worst Dillion Whyte vs AJ 2 was just a decent fight and not as competitive and y’all are still like yes let’s see it. Fury is fighting Tom Schwartz and some of y’all are still like yes let’s see it. AJ is fighting a lesser fighter in Ruiz and y’all are yes let’s see it.

However a clear Fight of the Year candidate Ortiz vs Wilder 2. A fight with two of the top 4 heavyweights going life and death for legacy. Two of the top fighters brave enough to step in the ring and now y’all are like no?

More compelling...Wilder is fighting Ortiz the very guy AJ ducked initially and still won’t offer a straight deal and the guy Dillion Whyte straight ducked...

Conclusion...GTFOH you bum arse man fans. This is not towards any real boxing fans in the UK but you f’ing AJ fanatics are worse than Pacquiao’s now missing contingent.

Use to respect so many of y’all but the UK’s fan brand is almost dead in boxing. You clearly sold your soul to Hearn and no one likes you anymore. If you are offended it’s because I am speaking to you directly.

Comment

• Why boxingscene posts stories from BUMS like J. Donovan who doesn't even know why Wilder - Ortiz was controversial??!
                  How you forget doctor delaying round on referee's order???

Originally posted by J.Donovan
                  There was nothing disputed about the first fight, other than finally getting to that point. It was originally slated to take place in Nov. 2017, only for Ortiz to test positive for a banned substance attributed to high blood pressure medication.
                  Last edited by Ajvar; 05-29-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    you’ve probably never left your home town dafty

Don’t talk wet kenny powers

Comment

Same level as Ortiz but I believe he'll beat Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X