Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Both Mikey's and Errol's Stock Drop Last Night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey showed great defense and held his own. Just didn't do much enough

Spence was still cautious cos Mikey is a great fighter and anything can happen. But he DOMINATED him! Winning all rounds isn't dominant?

Comment

Why is Spence calling out older, smaller guys?

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
        Why is Spence calling out older, smaller guys?
        You have it backwards. Mikey called him out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          No. Spence looked like a dominant Terminator.

Mikey demonstrated his heart and toughness in defeat against a bigger, better man. Thurman and Porter have been scared shitless of getting in the ring with Errol, Mikey showed himself to have more balls than they do.
          Not disagreeing with you, I thought technically Errol looked great. However Errrol has talked about fighting Canelo and GGG so is not concerning Errol couldn't put much of a dent in Mikey Garcia if he wants to go through the divisions?

Comment

I would pick Crawford to beat Spence at this point, he is more skilled and their power is probably equal. I think Spence's power was overrated but his skills underrated.

The rest of the welters are no threat to Spence. Thurman, Danny and Porter I give no chance. Pac from 10 years ago beats Spence but today's Pac is 41 years old. Oddly enough, I think Pac could bother him for a few rounds, hes still got hand speed and angles. He doesnt have the power and defense he used to though.

Canelo... are you kidding, Canelo is not only larger, punches harder but is also significantly FASTER than Spence. Id pick him to stop Spence.

Comment

What sucks the most is that Spence to me is still the second best welter yet hes just... boring. Hes 29 now and hasnt lived up to the hype. The rest of the welters are also boring. Crawford I like but we know that the Arum-Haymond rivalry will keep him locked out from most of the other welters and certainly from Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                You have it backwards. Mikey called him out.
                What about Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  What about Pacquiao?
                  Ok, but surely you can't blame Spence for going after that particular PPV purse and passing of the torch moment?

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
                  Not disagreeing with you, I thought technically Errol looked great. However Errrol has talked about fighting Canelo and GGG so is not concerning Errol couldn't put much of a dent in Mikey Garcia if he wants to go through the divisions?
                  Mikey blocked, rolled and moved his feet/body well as he went into survival mode. There's no shame in not being able to get the finish.

Prime Pacquiao couldn't finish Clottey either. Sometimes that's just the way it goes.
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-17-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Spence's stock clearly went up, it was pretty much a flawless performance. Mikey just tried to survive and in my eyes his stock went down a lot.

Comment

Simple answer,... yes and yes.
                      Mikey slid a little bit taking a loss and blemish to his record. But he’s still a talent to be reckeonned with. He’s lucky to have survived.
                      Spence took a nose dive. Couldn’t get a smaller man out of there like he should have. Not sure he can handle a speedier Pac-Man. I think Spence and crawford are about even at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X