No announcement yet.

black panther nominated for best picture at the oscars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    The movie sucked but it was always going to get nominated for reasons we all know. The Oscars stopped being about quality cinema a long time ago.
    Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    They should have renamed it 'the black knight' and had ice cube playing batman and all 3 of them would have won Oscars
    Seriously what is your issue??? you are always crying about race and playing a victim...When will you just look at everyone as a human instead of focusing on race all the damn time??

Comment

i hope it wins...that movie was awesome

Comment

What are the other nominees? Is it a weak year? I don't remember much from this past year tbh

The might win in some other categories tho
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-22-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Black Panther was a fantastic Marvel movie, but no better than Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc... They're all on the same playing field.

So the fact that this movie was nominated for an oscar is not a testimony to how good the film is, but a testimony of how transparent the thought process of white liberals is.
          Last edited by JimRaynor; 01-22-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Looking over the other nominees I think Roma is probably the best picture favorite.

But BP is a more realistic contender for costume design, and any of the music / sound effects awards.

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Black Panther was a fantastic Marvel movie, but no better than Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc... They're all on the same playing field.

So the fact that this movie was nominated for an oscar is not a testimony to how good the film is, but a testimony of how white liberals think its appropriate to give out participation trophies strictly on the basis of race.
            I feel like the Oscar's does not have a very deep history of nominating shaky candidates that are black people at all. This response is overfit to the one example of Black Panther.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-22-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              Looking over the other nominees I think Roma is probably the best picture favorite.

But BP is a more realistic contender for costume design, and any of the music / sound effects awards.

I feel like the Oscar's does not have a very deep history of nominating shaky candidates that are black people at all. This response is overfit to the one example of Black Panther.
              No you're right, in fact the Oscars haven't his this PC sort of environment until recently. I think ever since the Oscars so white handle came out they've been trying to over compensate.

Comment

It doesn't matter, the only way to win is by having gay shyt or overcoming an addiction in your movie.

So congrats to Bohemian Rhapsody

Comment

The movie was pretty good. But Oscar? Lol

Comment

BP had the most lit soundtrack in the history of superhero movies.

Comment

its was a good movie, i dont know why alot of nerds hate on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X