No announcement yet.

little g made a career beating on Tenshin level opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRANKIE420247 View Post
    ****ty thread GGG was a champ and avoided for many years. Everybody GGG fought was a pro boxer. U just a troll.
    surely every fighter fights pro boxers.

Is this the latest big claim about GGG, that he fought pro boxers when a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
      That same little g would whoop every other 160 lb fighter not named canelo. Including you're beloved pbc Charlo brothers. What does that say?
      Clearly he doesn't whoop Jacobs (who arguably won the 1st fight) and I'd have to think about BJS/Andrade.

GGG definitely beats either Charlo. They fight the exact same way and have significant trouble adjusting...Jermell lost to a Rocky Fielding caliber guy and Jermall went neck and neck with a soft MW that took the fight on short notice and hadn't fought more than 8 rounds in four years

I am very critical of Gennadys resume, but he obviously is a good fighter. It's a shame he stayed on low tier opponents for long...especially when he legitimately could've beaten Lara, Andrade, Dervenchenko, Cotto/Canelo at 155, Ward @ 168 (mightve been a stretch although Ward was very inactive), BJS (reportedly pulled out of fight for Canelo 2), Brook at 157, as well as rematching Jacobs.

Instead Gennady has WW Kell Brook, fringe contender David Lemiuex, razor thin win over Danny J, and a draw with Canelo...that's his treasured legacy.. :-/
      Last edited by Bjl12; 01-02-2019, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        surely every fighter fights pro boxers.

Is this the latest big claim about GGG, that he fought pro boxers when a pro.
        the thing was the guy compared ggg opponents to the Japanese kid. My reply just saying at least ggg opponents were active pro boxers. The Japanese kid never had a boxing fight his whole career, and steps in the ring with the best defensive boxer probably of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKIE420247 View Post
          the thing was the guy compared ggg opponents to the Japanese kid. My reply just saying at least ggg opponents were active pro boxers. The Japanese kid never had a boxing fight his whole career, and steps in the ring with the best defensive boxer probably of all time.
          ah right true, the OP is a bozo.

Comment

ah right true, the OP is a bozo.
            Thanks bud, have a blessed new year

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              He was a Tenshin level opponent by skill. It's not about sport A is "different" - you can either fight or you can't. Tenshin can fight, Lawal can fight. Tenshin can fight better than Lawal. KSI can fight better than Lawal. Logan Paul can fight better than Lawal. Jake Paul can fight better than Lawal. Them's the facts bro.

I would argue Tenshin could at least hang with most C-levels. That's not based on the Floyd fight, that's based on his striking in his normal craft. He was in there with the best to ever do it.

If you're saying that just because you're pro means you're a certain level or better, Kristian Laight and Andy Harris would like you to hold their drinks.
              No man, experience makes a difference. Being capable of drawing with a world title challenger over 12 is being at a different level than a man whod never boxed as a pro. Being in the same division as the champion you fight puts you at a different level than being at least three divisions smaller. Lawal drew with men like Cruz. Cruz lost on points to Steve Robinson. This is leagues away from Tenshin, who was a four round debutant fighter against a guy from at least 3 divisions up. If you really believe that Logan Paul stuff, go and spar against a Domestic level champion, a European champion level guy, a guy who drew with world title challengers. Theres no comparison at the knowledge, the thinking that goes on in the ring. Guys like Logan Paul could do nothing with the average British title challenger not even survive.
              Last edited by Mindgames; 01-02-2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

so if GGG was the "willing" one of the two between him and Mayweather, then how come his best win to date is a number 1 contender (or titlist Lemieux), whereas Mayweather has 1 ATG, 4 HoF, several titlists. Were all the crap fighters unwilling to fight Money?
                GGG fought everyone put in front of him and knocked out guys no one had knocked out before. Guys in the top ten in his division. He can’t help his division was devoid of HOF talent.

And by the way no one is questioning Mayweathers resume or status as an all time great. Just the OP absurd claim that GGG made his career out of fighting Tenshin like opponent.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                    GGG fought everyone put in front of him
                    every boxer fights every one put in front of them. If they didnt they'd not be boxers. I find this argument rather strawman.

However I am fine with what you say that GGG isnt being compared to Money, thats fine.

Its true that GGG is something of a KO artist at 2nd tier level, but I understand that at top level his KO % is just 1/4th of his total (just Lemiuex). Nothing to brag about.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-02-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I highly doubt it. Tenshin would actually be a top 5 win on Little G's resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X