Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has An Afro American Ever Lost A Close Decision In High Profile Fight?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    Ok, how about Bernard Hopkins. He lost a close decision in America against Joe Calzaghe in a fight many people thought he won.
    that's 1 against 20 so far.

Comment

Pernell Whitaker, Bernard Hopkins, and Winky Wright lost or had draws in a couple of fights that could've/should've gone their way.

Danny Jacobs lost a close decision to GGG

Comment

Last one I can think of is Whitaker got robbed on a draw vs JCC though that was longer than twenty years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
          Pernell Whitaker, Bernard Hopkins, and Winky Wright lost or had draws in a couple of fights that could've/should've gone their way.

Danny Jacobs lost a close decision to GGG

Whitaker didn't get robbed in the last 20 years though. we can't go back too far cus then we'll have robberies in the 50's and 60's for sure.

For the last 20 years. it's very rare.

Except, the GGG Jacobs fight wasn't really close though. If it was Jacobs with the KD, then yes. but No.

Comment

Shane clearly beat Oscar in a close fight first time. Second was questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              it's especially true in America.

I have never seen such a robbery as Kovalev/Ward 2. That is the same exact same scenerio as Bowe/Golota.

with 2 completely different outcomes to favor the Afro American.
              I thought ward/kov1 was the bigger robbery. In 2 if ward had fought fair i think he was the better man on the night but 1 he definitely was not and was dropped too, oh dear

In 2 the ref was totally biased or incompetent or both but you know if kov did manage to win 2 he would have been robbed by the judges anyway lolz

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                Shane clearly beat Oscar in a close fight first time. Second was questionable.

both fights were close. yes or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                  I thought ward/kov1 was the bigger robbery. In 2 if ward had fought fair i think he was the better man on the night but 1 he definitely was not and was dropped too, oh dear

In 2 the ref was totally biased or incompetent or both but you know if kov did manage to win 2 he would have been robbed by the judges anyway lolz
                  therefore, Kov was robbed twice by the Afro American negro.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    it's especially true with the Afro American negro.

De La Hoya and Mosley are both Americans, aren't they? DLH was also the bigger draw.

Yet and still MOsley nicked him both times.

Same with Trinidad.
                    I don't want to think it's a racial thing, Clenelo is Irish and he always get unfair decisions, you bigger draw you most likely cheating somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                      I don't want to think it's a racial thing, Clenelo is Irish and he always get unfair decisions, you bigger draw you most likely cheating somehow.
                      it's not always true.

Mosley vs DLH 1

Mosley vs DLH 2

Trinidad vs DLH

The lesser draw won in those fights in close decisions. the only common denominator is that boxing loves Afro AMerican fighters in the last 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X