Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN spend millions advertising on TV to reach millions to tell them that TV is dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
    To pull the last of those who refuse to let things die.

Old folks stuck in their ways. I haven't had TV since my 20's. I'm all Apps now. NETFLIX, HBO, HULU, ESPN+, DAZN.

It all adds up and is still a great cost overall, and I at least I have control and I'm not paying $100+ for additional platforms I have zero interest in.

Oh, and Hulu is free because family is paying for it and I'll bum the password once in a while lol
    The last ones? You do realize FOX alone has 120 millions viewers right?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      High Speed internet 50-70$
      DAZN app 10$ a month and I can guarantee you that it won’t stay at 10$. It’ll be 15-20$ by the end of next year
      Oh yeah, once they start attaining rights to other sports leagues of course they will increase their fees. They would be dumb not to. You are spending THAT much on those respective sports and will keep it at $10 bucks a month? That makes no sense. Now, for those that will buy it only for boxing? Definitely sucks for them.

Comment

Originally posted by phr0zen2 View Post

Look man, tv is dying. I wouldn't invest in it. 120 million, yet the next generation isn't buying into it.

Cable is dying, adapt or die.

Comment

Originally posted by phr0zen2 View Post
          That doesn't change the fact that streaming services have grown exponentially over the last 5 years and look to continue to do so to the extent that it's not uncommon for the latest generation to simply skip TV entirely.

That's the demographic that's relevant (the youth of today are customers of tomorrow) and it's that demographic that is leaning more and more towards streaming services than traditional TV.

Comment

Look man, tv is dying. I wouldn't invest in it. 120 million, yet the next generation isn't buying into it.

Cable is dying, adapt or die.
            So here is the thing, while we are seeing more and more streaming and cable cutting, it still isn't going to die anytime soon. Television isn't going anywhere, including cable. Those that will succeed are those that make both a priority. Cable networks need to make their channels available on apps, and I think a lot do. Some like FOX have free apps instead of charging an additional fee. Do you think that "120 million" is going to disappear in the next five years? No way, this is why I think it is grossly exaggerated in the way it is "dying." It is true the younger generation watch less and less television, but doesn't mean cable or TV itself is dying anytime soon. You just can't be ignorant to the reality of the situation and not adjust to streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              So here is the thing, while we are seeing more and more streaming and cable cutting, it still isn't going to die anytime soon. Television isn't going anywhere, including cable. Those that will succeed are those that make both a priority. Cable networks need to make their channels available on apps, and I think a lot do. Some like FOX have free apps instead of charging an additional fee. Do you think that "120 million" is going to disappear in the next five years? No way, this is why I think it is grossly exaggerated in the way it is "dying." It is true the younger generation watch less and less television, but doesn't mean cable or TV itself is dying anytime soon. You just can't be ignorant to the reality of the situation and not adjust to streaming.

The set up right now will change. The consumer will watch what they want, when they want.

On apps, using big screen televisions, lap tops- hell, even virtual reality gear in the future, who knows.

The cable business model will die. In 5 years or 10 years, or 30 years, but it's going the way of the VCR, CD player, etc.

Comment

When you say it like that...

Comment

Funny ads, but "its free" ain't reallllllly the truth.

Okay signing up for free I get their angle to the words they are saying, but they should just say "$9.99 a month with the first month free". Ain't that a good enough deal? I bet they'll get some mad people when they see that $9.99 charge pop up cuz a lot of mfers pay attention to what they hear vs what they didn't read.

Comment

The set up right now will change. The consumer will watch what they want, when they want.

On apps, using big screen televisions, lap tops- hell, even virtual reality gear in the future, who knows.

The cable business model will die. In 5 years or 10 years, or 30 years, but it's going the way of the VCR, CD player, etc.
                    So you mentioned 30 years. So what if it is 30 years? That's still quite a bit of time away. 5 years? Highly doubt that. 10 years? Unlikely. But if you said 20-30 years? I could buy that.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Oh yeah, once they start attaining rights to other sports leagues of course they will increase their fees. They would be dumb not to. You are spending THAT much on those respective sports and will keep it at $10 bucks a month? That makes no sense. Now, for those that will buy it only for boxing? Definitely sucks for them.
                      That'll be interesting to watch. I think $10/mo will be the price for the next couple years at a minimum doe.

But yea it'll be interesting to see if the price rises or they offer package deals for specific sports (which I'd like to see as a guy who gives no f#cks about any non-combat sports) when they get some sports with more mainstream appeal. One would think they'd have to. Cuz them spending a billion 1.3B on boxing so far over the next 8 years some of these other sports are selling for 5x+ that number for there deals for rights.

Comment

Working...
                      X