Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't get why it's so hard for GGG fans to admit canelo won.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because if it was judged on a level playing field and wasn’t the $ man Gennady would have won both times

Canelo showed heart and deserves props but he didn’t win 7 rounds

Why give props for a win/draw he didn’t deserve
    Should fans give props
    For Chavez drawing against Whitiker
    Or Oscar beating Sturm

My question is why Canelo fans and Gennady haters are happy with results that didn’t reflect the actual fight

Comment

the problem with Canelo/Golovkin II is this.....

most people wouldn't have a fkn clue how to score a professional boxing match

that is the problem right there

counting up the jabs, and awarding a fight to the guy who you think landed the most..... is not even how amateur boxing works, let alone professional boxing

it is different now, but back when I was boxing a back-hand or power punch scored double..... the amateur system has undergone a number of changes since then and has used a number of different systems..... but no way do you add up jabs to find out who won a professional boxing match

jabs are NOT official scoring criteria.....

* clean effective punching
      * effective aggression
      * ring generalship
      * defense
      it is more about who wins the exchanges and who controls the fight

you G-fans need to think about that for a sec..... and tell me, did Golovkin fight his fight, or did Canelo fight his fight?

Golovkin did not get his game going in EITHER of those fights

no relentless pipe-bursting pressure..... no body-work..... no hunting/trapping his opponent, and breaking him down

the judges know what to look for, and they all agreed within 1 point

fcuk the HOARDS of casual-fans who wouldn't have a clue

they can hold their pity-parties, and feel sorry for each other

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        GGG looked like sht,

Khabib outboxes GGG at this point

great sig btw

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
          Golovkin also did some great things in the fight, he actually showed he could also move and fight on the back foot. He made adjustments himself.

he could not get his game going, and was getting backed up and lumped up

adjusting?.... o, k, then.....

Comment

power-punches count for more than jabs do guys

and this is not the fkn amateurs

also, nobody is suggesting that judging facial damage is an effective way to score a fight..... it isn't, and it can often be misleading..... but, considering the fact that Golovkin could not get his game going at all, and was being backed up all night..... it told the whole story in that fight

you guys who INSIST that Golovkin won the fight are either fooling yourselves, or pulling yourselves

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

also, nobody is suggesting that judging facial damage is an effective way to score a fight..... it isn't, and it can often be misleading..... but, considering the fact that Golovkin could not get his game going at all, and was being backed up all night..... it told the whole story in that fight

you guys who INSIST that Golovkin won the fight are either fooling yourselves, or pulling yourselves
              So according to your ahem logic, GGG won the first fight?

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                So according to your ahem logic, GGG won the first fight?

where did I say that ?

fcuk man, you wouldn't know a good fighter if he walked up and punched you in the face

Comment

I will go further.....

anyone calling the rematch a robbery is an absolute dickhead

Comment

where did I say that ?

fcuk man, you wouldn't know a good fighter if he walked up and punched you in the face
                    I LOL'd.

I've got a good feeling they'd also take Lampley's word for it.

Comment

Pretty sure golovkin landed more power punches to the head....or do we count body shots as the main punches now above head shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X