Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people on welfare after a certain time have their voting right revoked?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
    Sounds like someone doesn't have a college degree
    I left college because I wanted to turn pro.....Rockin'

Comment

I don't think anyone who wants to vote should be allowed to vote. They should only allow people who don't wanna vote to vote. Save money on election costs that way to.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
        I don't think people are lazy, whether they're on welfare or not; certain people have just lost their way. It could be due to very significant reasons, and addressing those should be the correct path, rather than punishment.

It's rather tiring to see poor people being used as whipping boys.
        This. But good luck being reasonable in a political discussion. Crazy & unreasonableness wins the day there far more often then not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          I left college because I wanted to turn pro.....Rockin'
          He's an ignorant high school kid.

He has no real world knowledge.

Plenty of folks, such as Bill Gates are wildly successful despite dropping out of college.

Even Robert DeNiro, a hero of the D superfans, is a high school dropout.

It's just SafeSpace taking a shot at me, his e-obsession.

Why y'all don't just put him on Ignore is beyond me.

Other than e-drama and 'winning', he brings nothing whatsoever to the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            He's an ignorant high school kid.

He has no real world knowledge.

Plenty of folks, such as Bill Gates are wildly successful despite dropping out of college.

Even Robert DeNiro, a hero of the D superfans, is a high school dropout.

It's just SafeSpace taking a shot at me, his e-obsession.

Why y'all don't just put him on Ignore is beyond me.

Other than e-drama and 'winning', he brings nothing whatsoever to the forum.
            Dude, would you please just stop talking about me? I'm over here creating another short story, and I come back to see you accusing me of being everyone on the forum you don't like, again

Comment

I don't think people are lazy, whether they're on welfare or not; certain people have just lost their way. It could be due to very significant reasons, and addressing those should be the correct path, rather than punishment.

It's rather tiring to see poor people being used as whipping boys.
              Well said man..

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
                Are they citizens of the US? No. Case closed.

As for them paying taxes that's very debatable, there are reports that they work under the table to avoid that.

What I do know is that they use welfare and social services that should be for citizens. Now that has been documented. But that's a different discussion.
                You said and i quote "Only people paying state or federal taxes" which they are. There is nothing to debate here bub, you can even watch Morgan Spurlock covering this as he worked with them for a few days for his show. Tons of these people come here and get paid by check and cash them at local stores. Are there illegals that get paid cash? Yes, but there is also a large contigency of workers here who actually pay taxes, face deportation everytime and yet help us with ZERO in return. Hell some of them have worked a Trump golfing clubs. We can debate welfare until our faces are blue, but honestly i'm more interested in discussing how to fix the issue since the issue itself has been debated to death.

Comment

Dude, would you please just stop talking about me? I'm over here creating another short story, and I come back to see you accusing me of being everyone on the forum you don't like, again
                  hahaha. Are you THE safespace???? I have to say, it's a pleasure to meet you. Simply because you must have beat the absolute dog shlt out of 1bad for him to repeatedly accuse 90% of this forum of being you! I've never seen anyone so rattled that they see their "opponent" EVERYWHERE.

Sorry that he's annoying you with it, but good work!

Comment

When you're on welfare you should be treated like what you are; a very entry level employee of the government (although your only real "job" is to exist" and produce neglected offspring who will grow up to clog the prison system, they're paying you).

You should be required to take a drug test or stop receiving paychecks. You shouldn't have voting rights. You should be required to perform menial tasks within your modest capabilities.

Unfortunately being on welfare is a lot easier than working an entry level job. When you switch from being a welfare "hustla" to getting a minimum wage job in California there goes your free college money, 100% free health care with $0 copay and $0 deductible, etc.

They don't play around when it comes to punishing you for an act of right-wing extremism like having an income.
                    Last edited by ////; 06-14-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

mandatory year-round blood and urine tests.
                      mandatory year-round colonoscopy.
                      8765 hours of community service.
                      no TV
                      no cellphone
                      no computer
                      no voting rights

i don't even wanna hear you breath my air.

Comment

Working...
                      X