No announcement yet.

Spence is wasting his talent.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    you are made about him trying to fight manny but was cool with GGG trying to fight Floyd?
    He’s a UK troll they have nothing else to do over there but worry about America and what’s going on in America. All of their fighters ditched them to come fight in USA

Comment

Spence will start to become really big once he dominates Pacquiao. It is the key to everything, right now this weight division is not in the right direction because the torch is still not passed. Once the torch is passed then these boxers will really know the fighter to chase to.

It is the way things are boxing, call it ceremonial or traditional in some sense, but casuals will only begin to rally behind you if they see you really beat their guy (not controversially but conclusively) sometimes this ends up beating the torch bearer to a pulp, cruel world I know, but this is what this sport is made of.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
        I want to see him involved in good fights not circus fights.
        It’s simple, don’t watch it then. Watch your domestic level boring Uk fights.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
          Man where have you been? He's been hounding Thurman for like 2 or 3 years. Thurman called him a young pup and told him to wait his turn. Then Thurman got injured. Then he got injured again. He turned his attention to Porter. Porter said he would fight him next but then faced someone else. He was somhappy someone wanted to fight him as soon as Mikey mentioned his name he jumped on it. He even said himself he knows no one would give him credit for beating a smaller Mikey. But then people (including a few legends) were favoring Mikey to beat him.

I'm sure he's entertaining the Pacquiao fight because he is still a big name and that would get him the some notoriety. If Pacquiao don't want anyone to call his name he should retire.
          I don't know, maybe I forgot about all the calling out of Thurman, since he's been away so long. I understand about calling out Manny, but the guy is old. You're right though, if Manny wants to stay in the game and has a belt, he has to defend it. I knew there was no way in hell Mikey would beat Errol. I'm surprised Atlas gave him a shot, but he's half nuts anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by spenz View Post
            Spence will start to become really big once he dominates Pacquiao. It is the key to everything, right now this weight division is not in the right direction because the torch is still not passed. Once the torch is passed then these boxers will really know the fighter to chase to.

It is the way things are boxing, call it ceremonial or traditional in some sense, but casuals will only begin to rally behind you if they see you really beat their guy (not controversially but conclusively) sometimes this ends up beating the torch bearer to a pulp, cruel world I know, but this is what this sport is made of.
            What torch is pacquiao carrying though? He got kod by Marquez and lost to mayweather, hes been past his best for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
              How much shine is there in beating an old man? I mean, Jeff freaking Horn has a win against Pac.
              Yeah but he's not a popular fighter in North America. It matters...

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                What torch is pacquiao carrying though? He got kod by Marquez and lost to mayweather, hes been past his best for a long time.
                Popularity he is still the most popular boxer in this era. All the glory behind him will be attached to spence once he beats him. More casuals will watch the fight if he fights manny, thus, instant worldwide exposure. The torch is with Manny right now whether he's been KOd or lost in the past or not.
                Last edited by spenz; 03-18-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't say that he's fighting "trash" but he's not being overly proactive in fighting the best. There are asterisks you can put next to pretty much every win from Brook onwards, whether it be fighters not at their real weight, being damaged goods or just plain mediocre. If he fights Pacquiao next that probably applies too, because despite Manny coming off two good wins on paper, it's still abundantly clear that father time hasn't been kind to him. I wish Spence was as eager in pursuing Crawford, Thurman or even Porter as he is about fighting lightweights and faded fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by spenz View Post

I get it, and if Pacquiao had a title (not a baby belt) I'd agree but as things stand he lost to the guy who lost to Crawford and is not the draw he was in days gone by.
                    From a sporting perspective, if anyone has the torch it's Thurman but realistically it's up for grabs between Spence and Crawford.
                    Personally, I think Spence's route to stardom goes through Crawford and eventually Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
                      I get it, and if Pacquiao had a title (not a baby belt) I'd agree but as things stand he lost to the guy who lost to Crawford and is not the draw he was in days gone by.
                      From a sporting perspective, if anyone has the torch it's Thurman but realistically it's up for grabs between Spence and Crawford.
                      Personally, I think Spence's route to stardom goes through Crawford and eventually Canelo.

Torch is not being undefeated or more belts, it's more about popularity and recognition. Pacquiao is still the most popular and recognized boxer worldwide bar none, not just in mexico or usa, it's worldwide. Thus, if Errol fights Manny these casuals will tune in, Errol then will get to showcase his talents to these casuals.

If he beats manny to a pulp or impresses them with his dominant boxing ability, then most of these casuals will now rally over him. He then fights Thurman, porter, garcia, crawford etc.. and all else bringing more money to the table. In fact, he will now be chased and not avoided by these fighters.

Until he beats pacquiao, it will be a long long road to become the money man because casuals doesn't even know he exists, it's not impossible but it will take so much time. Pacquiao is the key to everything making things easier to super-stardom.
                      Last edited by spenz; 03-18-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X