No announcement yet.

The most desired career among young people today is "Youtuber"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    I'm just glad it's not software developer, since the push to oversaturate this market is already aggressive
    B1tch answer your god damn phone when you are on production support..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
      B1tch answer your god damn phone when you are on production support..
      lmao my job is already trash, if I had to be on call at all hours of the day I wouldn't know what to do. I probably wouldn't quit though.

Well.. at least the product we're building is seeing increased use as of late.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 07-03-2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

lmao my job is already trash, if I had to be on call at all hours of the day I wouldn't know what to do. I probably wouldn't quit though.

Well.. at least the product we're building is seeing increased use as of late.
        What is it that you build?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          What is it that you build?
          We have a web platform that makes it a lot easier for businesses to manage supplies of locally produced goods. We handle vetting the local suppliers, invoicing, shipping and more.

I guess in a nutshell you could call us a distributor, but I'd like to think we are more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Which basically means there will be an excess of waitresses, Uber drivers, and pan-handlers in the next decade.
            Dude no joke, that's my back up plan.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              No different than any other era where kids all wanted to be movie stars, rock stars, or famous athletes.
              But, I think this era might be different, common people are getting involved. The barrier to entry into this market is very low. I never tried to be an actor or rock star, because all I wanted was to be an engineer.

Comment

I waste more time on youtube than most people would care to admit, but this is still pretty pathetic in my eyes. Maybe this is a sign that I'm starting to grow old.

Comment

We have a web platform that makes it a lot easier for businesses to manage supplies of locally produced goods. We handle vetting the local suppliers, invoicing, shipping and more.

I guess in a nutshell you could call us a distributor, but I'd like to think we are more than that.
                  Bob the website builder..

Comment

I'm going to start a channel.

Golden State, **** Bron, BBC will consist of my videos.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      According to a recent study, there’s a stunning new answer to the age-old question, ‘What do you want to be when you grow up?’

Three-quarters of young people are considering a career in the online video industry, reports The Sun, citing a survey of 1,000 kids and teens aged six to 17 conducted by travel company First Choice. At the same time, according to the survey, one in 25 children said they wanted to be a model while one in six said they harbored pop star aspirations. At the top of the list, however, more than one-third of respondents said they wanted to be a YouTuber.

Rather than traditional careers paths, like teacher or doctor, the survey found that young people today desire careers that will give them creativity, fame, and self-expression, per The Sun. Money, interestingly, is not a chief motivating factor, coming in at number four.

To this end, respondents also said that they wish media studies and video editing were taught in school — as opposed to traditional subjects like English and Math.

The top 10 jobs kids want, per the First Choice study, are as follows: YouTuber, blogger/vlogger, musician/singer, actor, filmmaker, doctor/nurse, TV presenter, athlete/teacher, writer, and lawyer.
                      Fuking hell. I'm not surprised though with the whole digitization of everything. You can't even fart in the comfort of you're own home without some little prick knowing about it on social media lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X