Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Holyfield on PEDs when he beat Qawi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I don't think that's true. There are fighters like Nonito Donaire who are doing 24/7/365 VADA testing.
    I like Donaire.

There exist compounds that are research chemicals that give very similar or superior benefits to traditional, testable steroids. The test doesn't test for research chemicals, it is a very expensive to test for them from what I understand. I heard there are regular style steroids that are undetectable these days, (less detectable than standard at least) and there are certainly research chemical nootropics that would give whoever takes them improved reaction time and learning.

I would consider the boxer to utilize hallucinogenic mushrooms in small daily doses much more dangerous than one on PEDs, and that is something we never hear about on the fan based level. Truth is, for years, top level athletes have been using lsd in small doses.

Comment

Or did he get those wins clean?
      Well it would explain how a guy like roidyfield managed to beat a legend like Qawi....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
        I like Donaire.

There exist compounds that are research chemicals that give very similar or superior benefits to traditional, testable steroids. The test doesn't test for research chemicals, it is a very expensive to test for them from what I understand. I heard there are regular style steroids that are undetectable these days, (less detectable than standard at least) and there are certainly research chemical nootropics that would give whoever takes them limproved reaction time and learning.

I would consider the boxer to utilize hallucinogenic mushrooms in small daily doses much more dangerous than one on PEDs, and that is something we never hear about on the fan based level. Truth is, for years, top level athletes have been using lsd in small doses.
        --- Doc Ellis accidentally mixed his schedule with a party day and pitched perhaps the strangest no hitter in baseball history whilst in heavy LSD hallucinations.

However your logic is in grotesque error when you assume everyone to be on drugs. You are correct in assuming alchemists are constantly trying to come up with new compounds, and so what?

So far the BALCO/TUE drug cheats have taken over drug testing results with bogus nominal nanogram results of common over the counter drugs and other substances now found in the food and water supply that also includes regulated drugs.

The most proven to enhance a boxing career is to sign with a tiptop promoter, manager, trainer, nutritionist, and gym with your own comissish, drug tester and cable broadcaster and team.

Easy money 101 !

Comment

Or did he get those wins clean?
          Well in the evident absence of facts, you are looking for speculation.

Ok. I'll bite.

The US olympic team of 1984 was littered with blood dopers (fact), so it cannot be ruled out that the extremely uncharacteristically succesful boxing team was among the beneficiaries of this method. If they where, it's quite plausible that Holyfield would continue seeking artificial advantages in his pro career. The subsequent Evan Fields fiasco is also indicative.

Comment

There will always be a cloud of suspicion over Holyfield's head given the Evan Fields situation. If he came out with a sudden burst of energy from his corner then it is possible he was using some sort of asthma concoction similar to Aaron Pryor versus Arguello. Holyfield's body-builder physique was always somewhat suspect to me, but that in itself is not proof. so I doubt we will ever have a definitive answer.

Comment

--- Pryor never came out with a sudden burst of energy, an ol wives tale.

He laid back that last bed as did Alexis with both in recovery from the arduous previous rd. Pryor suddenly leaps in with a surprise hook to drive Alexis into the ropes where Pryor unloads.

Strategy, not drugs, and taking a drug by mouth takes at least 10 min to absorb.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                --- Pryor never came out with a sudden burst of energy, an ol wives tale.

He laid back that last bed as did Alexis with both in recovery from the arduous previous rd. Pryor suddenly leaps in with a surprise hook to drive Alexis into the ropes where Pryor unloads.

Strategy, not drugs, and taking a drug by mouth takes at least 10 min to absorb.
                Asthma meds take immediate affect, that is what they are meant for, to allow someone suffering an attack to open up their lungs and get more oxygen.

Panama Lewis used that very medication on another of his fighters, Luis Resto. Pryor's corner claimed it was peppermint schnapps mixed in the black bottle, but that just doesn't make sense. No trainer in their right mind would give his fighter an alcoholic beverage in his corner. Pryor was a cheat.

Comment

--- Whiskey, Brandy, and later peppermint schnapps are part of the rich history of boxing from the beginning.

Panama didn't ask for the black inhaler, he asked for the black bottle he had mixed in advance of a 15 rder. We don't know what Alexis corner asked for, basic boxing history 101.

Comment

Who was harder than Holyfield?

I don't know. But I do know that back in the day I was saying he was one of the two or three most cut fighters I had ever seen.

Comment

I really doubt he was back then. No one knows the true timeline but many athletes are talked as they start to age. Often from doctors to help with injuries.

Comment

Working...
                      X