Collapse
No announcement yet.

where is the best place to work/live in england

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea about living costs (fairly high I'd imagine) but Cornwall may be worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
      I have no idea about living costs (fairly high I'd imagine) but Cornwall may be worth a look.
      Why would he want to move to one of the most impoverished, unfriendly areas of Britain? Place looks pretty, but is actually a backwater ****hole. Exeter or Bristol are far better places in the southwest. Bath or Taunton if you’re aiming for sleepier.

Comment

im my experience cornwall is far from unfriendly my aunt just moved there from near London and all her new neighbours have gone out their way to make her welcome to the village

you are right though its not a great place financially and there are some poor areas but its low on immigrants in the area and if you have some money you can live in some beautiful upmarket cornish areas

also as someone else mentioned a few posts back the peak district is a nice place to live but maybe a bit secluded in some areas guess it all depends on what kind of life the OP wants? my idea of hell is living in London and having to get the tube everyday to work id blow my brains out
        Last edited by davef; 04-18-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davef View Post
          im my experience cornwall is far from unfriendly my aunt just moved there from near London and all her new neighbours have gone out their way to make her welcome to the village

you are right though its not a great place financially and there are some poor areas but its low on immigrants in the area and if you have some money you can live in some beautiful upmarket cornish areas

also as someone else mentioned a few posts back the peak district is a nice place to live but maybe a bit secluded in some areas guess it all depends on what kind of life the OP wants? my idea of hell is living in London and having to get the tube everyday to work id blow my brains out
          Yeah, the OP has asked ‘where is the best place to live’ and then given zero indication of what he’s actually looking for. Bit difficult to provide recommendations on that basis!

I’m a Londoner by birth. Spent the first 10 years of my working life commuting on the tube (including a massive schlep from Gants Hill to Rayners Lane for a couple of years). Absolute hell on Earth. I still love going back to London for a day/night out, but there’s no way I would want to live there again.

Comment

I'd say Hart, Hampshire. Nice place if you have the extra money to pay for high rent and shiet.

Supreme Leader

Comment

Go live in Birmingham for a month and the rest of the country will be a doddle

Comment

Working...
              X