• Show
Clear All

• was ward kovalev 2 a fair stoppage?

lets finally get an nsb verdict....
    yes
    27.59%
    no
    72.41%

We all know it wasn’t weeks even said it after but ward has serious nut huggers that will go to the grave for his low blows.

Comment

Kovalev is my guy but he quit and allowed himself to be tko’d. He reminds me of a bully that comes on strong until the other guy wont wilt. Then all of a sudden the bully starts to wilt.

Also I see they’re putting Kovalev in with non punchers and guys coming off of being ko’d in order tp make him look like a killer again.

(Although he only fought one puncher early on and was dropped and took an L.)

I really hope the first time things get rough in there he doesn’t curl his tail up again because Kovalev is fun to watch.

Comment

If the referee had seen that the final blow was low then he really had no option under the rules but to (at the very least) issue a warning to Ward and give Kovalev recovery time. That said, I think Ward would have won regardless.

Comment

I think Ward should have been DQ’d for nut hunting

Comment

I wish the ref let it continue as then kovalev really would have no excuses

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
              Kovalev is my guy but he quit and allowed himself to be tko’d. He reminds me of a bully that comes on strong until the other guy wont wilt. Then all of a sudden the bully starts to wilt.

Also I see they’re putting Kovalev in with non punchers and guys coming off of being ko’d in order tp make him look like a killer again.

(Although he only fought one puncher early on and was dropped and took an L.)

I really hope the first time things get rough in there he doesn’t curl his tail up again because Kovalev is fun to watch.
              Nice points and fair

Comment

Kovalev was in a bad way but it shouldn't have been stopped. If it was Ward getting stopped I'd say the same thing. Wait till the guy goes down at least and give him a count. It's not like he was getting his face caved in, only his nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                  I wish the ref let it continue as then kovalev really would have no excuses
                  Great point!!! It was Ward who got screwed by the stoppage if anyone

Comment

Not really.

But Kovalev was looking for a way out.

Comment

Working...
                    X