No announcement yet.

NSB PICK EM 2019 #83 - #86, 7th DECEMBER 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Eh. Floyd's defense is miles beyond Joshua's.

AJ did dominate Ruiz though so credit to him. I was expecting him to go to war more to be honest, though.
    Yeah but Joshua is 6 stone heavier and comes at a much higher price if you get tagged full on with left hook from a 19 stone heavyweight...Brains equal wins.
    But 1 thing Joshua showed was great footwork and speed of foot and that was over a full 12 rounds and that’s something we rarely see ina heavyweight...go ask manny Robles

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      Yeah but Joshua is 6 stone heavier and comes at a much higher price if you get tagged full on with left hook from a 19 stone heavyweight...Brains equal wins.
      But 1 thing Joshua showed was great footwork and speed of foot and that was over a full 12 rounds and that’s something we rarely see ina heavyweight...go ask manny Robles
      Tyson Fury does it better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Tyson Fury does it better.
        like he did to Otto Wallin and Joshua knocks out fighters a lot better so who is the better all round fighter ?
        You just answered it yourself

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
          You nailed it bruh ! Big-time ! That's what I'm talkin bout...
          Aw man I would have loved to see a X3 on that baby.
          I wish I had a 3X left to use!!!!
          Appreciate it bro

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Kudos NC, you've had some outstanding picks just recently.

I knew it was gonna be a close one, made a last minute change from Hunter close to Povetkin close but I didn't see the draw coming at all.
            Cheers...thank you! Too bad it’s too late to make any big changes to the leaderboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Ruiz, KO, Mid, 2x
              Charlo, Dec, Wide, 3x or 2x if I got no 3x
              Korabov, Decision, Close
              Hunter, Dec, Close, 2x if I got it

Delete 2x from the bottom to the top if I don't got any or not enough to cover these fights.
              You had no x3 and only one x2 which leaves me with a bit of a headscratcher, As a general rule we replace downwards so your x3 would become a x2... if we do that before we follow your instruction to remove the multipliers upwards then it leaves you with a x2 on Ruiz, however I'm inclined to read your instructions and intent as putting the x3 on Charlo to be your most favoured pick and the instruction to remove the x2s as applying first to those that you picked as x2s, leaving you with a x3 on Charlo which is then bumped down to a x2 for 20 x2 = 40pts.

If any of the other players have objection to this decision I'll take it to arbitration with the rest of the CREW.

Damn, man, that sounds, like, properly official and everything don't it? Guess I missed my calling in life, I reckon I was made to be a bureaucrat.
              Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 12-10-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                mathed

Povetkin, DEC, CLOSE

Joshua, KO/TKO, MID, X2

Eubank Jr, DEC, CLOSE

Charlo, KO/TKO, MID, X2
                Man, some folk just don't listen. I posted this on 12/02 on the Wilder Pick Em thread just before putting up this one,

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                You're flat outta x2s, my man so I can't give you that one. It's only a 20pt hit however so it ain't the end of the world. You might wanna think about using up your x3s, however, cos you got 'em falling outta your pockets.

Reckon we got about 8 or 9 fights left this year and you got 5 x3s to use so you ain't really got to be too picky.

You got no x2s left and we bump down not up so just regular points on AJ and Jermall I'm afraid. You got maybe 6 or 7 fights left to use up your remaining 5 x 3s.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  Damn Wicked

Povetkin, KO, late

Joshua, KO, mid, X3

Korobov, decision, close X2

Charlo, KO, mid, X2
                  I got you with 2 x3s and 1 x2 remaining man, so unfortunately it falls badly since we bump x3s down but not x2s up. In the absence of other instructions I got to remove 'em chronologically from last to first which means you still get your x3 on Joshua but your only remaining x2 falls on Korobov instead of Charlo. I can put it to the rest of the CREW for arbitration if you like but I think it's fairly clear from the way we interpret the rules even if I'm not 100% we've encountered this precise situation before.

Just bad luck, man.

K

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                    Otrocubiche
                    Hunter ko late
                    Eubank Jr Dec close
                    Ruiz ko mid
                    Charlo ko early x2
                    You had no x2s left I'm afraid, man, so that's just 30 points on Jermall. You have got a coupla on x3s to use up before the year's end though.

Hope you and yours are doing well, man.

Regards

K

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                      I got you with 2 x3s and 1 x2 remaining man, so unfortunately it falls badly since we bump x3s down but not x2s up. In the absence of other instructions I got to remove 'em chronologically from last to first which means you still get your x3 on Joshua but your only remaining x2 falls on Korobov instead of Charlo. I can put it to the rest of the CREW for arbitration if you like but I think it's fairly clear from the way we interpret the rules even if I'm not 100% we've encountered this precise situation before.

Just bad luck, man.

K
                      Not a problem, man. At least I won some points.

Comment

Working...
                      X