Texas teacher under fire for telling Hispanic student to ‘speak English’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    Your not racist. You won’t understand.
    The rest of us aren’t either, you will never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
      i said in Spain, where the language also originates. your factoid is irrelevant. do you think this is a race issue?
      You said Spanish was primarily spoken by whites in Spain.

I took exception to that.

You made it a race thing. Which in reality that is the crux of the problem.

Comment

People can speak in whatever language they want but the teacher has a point. If you are able to speak english and you are studying in an american classroom, the teacher has all the right to enforce this. It’s for educational purpose.

If you wanna speak your native language 24/7, then go back to your fkin country. In America, we speak english.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I agree, if she or anyone overhears a conversation and yells at the someone to speak English then that's just re-tarded as they weren't talking to you in the first place. The article says she was talking to the student and the student responds in Spanish. At that moment her telling him to speak English isn't a cause for uproar in my opinion, especially in an American public school.

I was stationed at Spangdahlem for 5 years. Germany is real nice man. I plan on living there once I retire in about 7 years. You ever thought of going back to visit?
          I probably should have read the article. The subject gets me excited and jumped into the fray.
          Teacher was within right if not in a Spanish or esl class.

Haven’t been back but we are planning on a trip there. Germany is an extremely beautiful country with so much history. I will be there in the next couple years. Can’t say I would retire there. But thats because i don’t know much german.

My pops applied for another three year assignment when we were there. He loved germany and did not want to come stateside. After second three year term he applied again and was denied. We ended up in Alabama after....

Incan see why you would want to live there. Great place. It’s the USA of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Well, that went downhill quickly, LMAO! Couldn't handle an intelligent discussion huh? Thanks for the assumptions, but no, I wouldn't have a problem with a teacher telling someone to stop speaking German, Italian, Polish or whatever. Next time you ask a question, be prepared for an answer you don't agree with and then be prepared to discuss it like an adult, not a triggered snowflake.
            Triggered snowflakes are the ignorant fools that get bent out of shape over someone speaking another language, when this country doesn't even have an official language, and when there's no law against speaking another language.

Tell me what law they were breaking, or how it was inconveniencing anyone if they were speaking amongst themselves.

If I'm amongst friends, family, etc and want to speak Spanish, guess what bìtch, I'm speaking whatever in the hell I want.

Like I've said plenty of times, I especially like to speak Spanish in the vicinity of whites, I wish a motherfücker would tell me something.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
              Serious question, should Native Americans that don't speak English be forced to speak it?
              What language would the Natives be speaking nowadays ? Sucks what happened to them but the language of the land now is English.....so the answer is yes.

Comment

Why would an American NOT speak English is certain settings ?

If a meeting is being held, I can guarantee you 9-10 times the language is English.
                Unless the boss/owner prefers a different language that is.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                  context matters. if it's on a holiday or whatever, most Americans don't care. but when you're waving a foreign flag for political reasons like in a protest rally then it's obviously an issue.
                  I’d agree with that (context). But obviously there are people who think other flags should never be waived

Comment

Originally posted by Htown-Finest View Post
                    Facts. I guess there substitutes for a reason
                    There not fully credentialed generally. Is fully trained.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      The rest of us aren’t either, you will never understand.
                      I understand that not all are racist. But I don’t think you can say none out there aren’t racist

I have a saying that I think is true:

“Not all republicans are racists. This is absolutely true.
                      It is also absolutely true that all racists are republican”.

Comment

Working...
                      X