Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez: "I wanted Sergio Martinez but my team said no"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to be a a millionaire but my job doesn't want to give me a raise haha

Comment

If Alvarez agreed to an 80/20 split, we'd be willing to fight him 10 minutes after "Sugar" Cesar Chavez retires that fraud Martinez.

Comment

It seemed like at the time they were looking for a replacement for Ortiz that Martinez had already signed to fight Chavez. I don't think Canelo fears any fighter but his team might.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          It seemed like at the time they were looking for a replacement for Ortiz that Martinez had already signed to fight Chavez. I don't think Canelo fears any fighter but his team might.
          Exactly what I think! He's down to fight anyone, but his team and Golden Boy won't let him. I doubt Josesito was his first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Dude spars with Golovkin, enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Not an entertaining fight? I think his team knew he'd get KTFO by Martinez right now.
              Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
              last time i checked, Maravilla has been in A LOT of fan friendly fights! i call BS
              Don't you know this is the current most used excuse in the sport of boxing? Donaire is an expert with it too.

This excuse is a translation, in Canelo's case, of "I would've gotten my ass beat cause Im not ready for any top fighter after 40 pro fights."

Comment

somebody tell him he calls the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
                  Martinez will be more than 165 for this fight and even 180-165 is not 20+ pounds. The 10+ lb diff will be more than made up for by the skill differential and by Sergio not having to kill himself to make weight.

Also curious as to where you get this 180+ lb figure for Chavez.

not sure if serious.
                  the guy is known to rehydrate into cruiser territory.
                  i think serg will come in at around 170 though. he's really not that small a guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
                    You seriously think Jr will be 190+ on fight night?
                    Martinez has recently been 165 on fight night n Chavez was 181 in his last fight I believe

Comment

my team said no = No Canelo you'd lose

Comment

Working...
                      X