No announcement yet.

10 Greatest Light Heavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obama View Post
    I'm not sure RJJ would even make my top 20 tbh. He should have stayed at SMW, at least with that joke of a division he could have been #1. Wasn't much else him to do at LHW other than fight Darius M, or give James Toney his rematch (who was robbed by Griffin twice imo).
    ** Sweet comedy, Obamy. Little ol' Montell and Thadzi robbed the great tub of goo, eh?

Fear not, a tub of goo is still a tub of goo regardless of whether it robs Tiberi and McCallum or is otherwise robbed.

The natural place for the rematch was at heavy after Jirov. Roy turned down the unbeaten Jirov after beating Ruiz because he was chasing his dream $100 million purse against Tyson or Lewis, so Toney got Jirov. Holy was Roy's 3rd choice, but he turned down Roy's egregious purse split to take the Lion's share against Toney, so Roy takes on Tarver instead.

Mr. Goo is inactive for a year, waiting with baited breath, but Roy wanted to avenge the Tarver criticism to ill result, so Mr. Goo kept taking his vitamins for ill results so he could provide to heavy ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
      Fear not, a tub of goo is still a tub of goo regardless of whether it robs Tiberi and McCallum or is otherwise robbed.
      Let me guess? You think the draw in their first fight was a robbery right? You seen it? The full fight? Recently? Toney actually won that fight by a good couple of points no problem. Check it out again.

Tiberi was the only guy that was robbed.

Comment

I'd probably come up with something like:

Archie Moore
        Bob Foster
        Ezzard Charles
        Gene Tunney
        Michael Spinks
        Tommy Loughran
        Roy Jones Junior
        Tommy Gibbons
        Billy Conn
        Bob Fitzsimmons
        John Henry Lewis
        Dwight Muhammad Qawi
        Matthew Saad Muhammad
        Jack Dillon
        Dick Tiger

Top 10 I reserve the right to shuffle on a whim and a couple of sentimental choices in the next 5.

Comment

Working...
        X